Went to the track today

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Guys I hope someone can help me out! I went to the the track today with my new pulley and tune and airtube insert from accufab. Bone stock the car went 11.5 at 126.5 and the car feels a lots stronger! My first pass the car literally needed to be pedaled in 1st, 2nd and third, had to lift completely out of it in 3rd as it started to come around. Still not to bad for a 2.3 short time with no traction on the track at all, it ran an 11.9 at 125. So I let some air out of the tires and it helped pretty good but I ran into an issue on the run. The car seemed to be hooking up pretty good as some cars had run and the track was heating up good, first and second pretty good car pulling hard but when I hit 3rd gear the car quit pulling like it had a traction control switch works when on in a car, the tach just stayed at 5000 rpms, I stayed in it not knowing what it was and I didn't have any check engine lights or anything and the car came through the traps at 11.9 at 112. Not knowing what it was I put some 100 octane unleaded in it thinking maybe a knock sensor shut it down and I couldn't here it because of the helmet on. Next pass good traction off the line but the problem occured when I hit second so I shut down. I came around and figured maybe the gas needed to get through the system so I drove around tried it again with same results. So I just headed home, tried to make the problem occur on the way home with no luck the car ran perfect and pulled strong. Any suggestions?
thanks

Last edited: