Weirdest thing I've found in the shop manual so far...

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Curious! When GT's are imported to the UK, the rear lamp assembly is taken out - the American cars use the stop lamp to indicate with, over here we need an amber lamp - so it's fiddled with to make it legal.

From memory, no new lamp assembly was required. Maybe 'they' access the lamp assembly without taking it out - wouldn't have thought so though.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
centerpunch

A friend of mine just had a minor off road R/R fender damage in his GT. He has the WHOLE rear of the GT off. I will check with him, when he has the NEW rear installed.

AMB

Reactions: ByeEnzo

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think the key word here is lamp assembly. I think this just means the bulb, not the whole housing. I don't have my manual yet, but analog designer has done some looking at this with his nuclear reactor light assembly for the rear engine bay. Jay, what's the answer?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Didn't realize that. Sounds like it will be expensive. Anybody have access to parts numbers and prices?

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
fjpikul said:
Didn't realize that. Sounds like it will be expensive. Anybody have access to parts numbers and prices?

I do. :biggrin I work for a FMC dealership and can anybody a wholesale price on any parts needed.

Pipelion

92NSX,

Are you an angel? :biggrin

Allan

Please quote me a GT crate motor price. :thumbsup

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
So what happens 10 years from now when you can purchase these parts anymore?

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
Pipelion said:
92NSX,

Are you an angel? :biggrin

Allan

Please quote me a GT crate motor price. :thumbsup

Allan,
I'll check today and get back with you.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
White Petunia said:
Are you serious? If so, Santa really does exist !!! you really would be an angel :thumbsup

Let me get my list ready...

Yes, I am serious. Been at the same dealership for 15yrs.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
SuperB said:
So what happens 10 years from now when you can purchase these parts anymore?

You mean when you can't purchase them?? :wink
Luckily I haven't run into that problem with my NSX.
However, I will say that there are quite a few parts I run into everyday for rather late model vehicles that you can't get. :frown

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
White Petunia said:
Hey 92NSX,

Have you thought about being a forum Ford Dealer Vendor, giving us a bit of a discount on official Ford parts? I'm building a list... :thumbsup I sent you a PM :)

Quite honestly I haven't thought about it at all. I just found this site a few days ago and thought that since I work for a dealership that maybe I could help out some people with good prices.
What is required for me to get set up as a Vendor?

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
White Petunia said:
Send DBK a PM. He's the owner of the site. Good Luck, as I'm sure it would send a lot of business your way. Including the famous Group Purchases !

Will do.

valart

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Madrid, SPAIN
Neilda said:
Curious! When GT's are imported to the UK, the rear lamp assembly is taken out - the American cars use the stop lamp to indicate with, over here we need an amber lamp - so it's fiddled with to make it legal.

From memory, no new lamp assembly was required. Maybe 'they' access the lamp assembly without taking it out - wouldn't have thought so though.
So you did modified your tail lghts. What did you do specificly? How do they look now? Send pics please. I must do the same thing once my GT arrives to Madrid.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm not totally sure what they did to the tail lights other than taking out the center reverse lamp and putting in indicators (which are required to be a separate amber bulb in the UK). A rear fog lamp was added. The stop lamps no longer flash for turning - the center is the turn.

Pic attached......

Attachments

• EPSN1047 copy.jpg
    EPSN1047 copy.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 119

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That particular 'weapon' is from my Vanquish - a pal of mine has V8 WMD which he'd going to let me have (the plates are already made up) - however we never seem to get around to doing it.

I bought V12 WMD to put on the Vanquish when I took it through France a few years back. Thought the French motorists might enjoy it!

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
Neilda said:
I'm not totally sure what they did to the tail lights other than taking out the center reverse lamp and putting in indicators (which are required to be a separate amber bulb in the UK). A rear fog lamp was added. The stop lamps no longer flash for turning - the center is the turn.

Pic attached......

I love that Plate!

Charles