Wanted....

Chingadera

Nov 10, 2008
New or used ford gt seats. I am looking for a usable black pair.

Thanks, James

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
man, I have a set, but they are RED... TOO BAD! :biggrin
j/k

Black is the only color they came in my friend. Good luck. They seem hard to find....

Chingadera

Nov 10, 2008
man, I have a set, but they are RED... TOO BAD! :biggrin
j/k

Black is the only color they came in my friend. Good luck. They seem hard to find....

LOL man I tell you i was about to jump for joy.....I have been looking for a set for a long time. I have seen them in different color's done by some of these custom gt shops. I wish I could either find a set or find someone who could make a set of replicas. Any ideas?

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
check ebay, there is a fgt engine for sale and the seller states he is parting out the car, auction due to close within minutes.

R

roger1197

650 miles before the crunch, seats should be OK.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....280273453598&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1

Not easy people to deal with, basically they want top dollar for everything, I got into a bargaining conversation with the sales guy for the remaining wheels which ended with a price a few pennies less than I could have got new from Shelby!!!!

E-Bay post is finished but the wreck was available as of last Friday.

Worth a call though.

:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Seats should be fine if the driver only said as his last two words before the crash "oh shxx" :)

Chingadera

Nov 10, 2008
650 miles before the crunch, seats should be OK.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....280273453598&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1

Not easy people to deal with, basically they want top dollar for everything, I got into a bargaining conversation with the sales guy for the remaining wheels which ended with a price a few pennies less than I could have got new from Shelby!!!!

E-Bay post is finished but the wreck was available as of last Friday.

Worth a call though.

:thumbsup

They already sold the seats in another auction. I saw them on ebay a while back but when I went back to bid they were gone. I could have bought them and shipped them to Texas for around 4000.00 I then found a set in the US hoping they would be cheaper but they wanted 7000.00 haha I feel like I could have a set made for that amount. I really just need to find someone who can make me a clone because the real seats are to hard to find.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
You can buy the seats from Ford...what were they the last time I looked 3K for the upper and 3K for the lower.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
You can buy the seats from Ford...what were they the last time I looked 3K for the upper and 3K for the lower.

As I recall the F360 has the same shell. Sparco has many designs for 1/3 the price in the same league, unless you have to have the black plastic gromets. $6k for a seat is insane, for pair price you can buy a new Focus:banana.

Chingadera

Nov 10, 2008
As I recall the F360 has the same shell. Sparco has many designs for 1/3 the price in the same league, unless you have to have the black plastic gromets. $6k for a seat is insane, for pair price you can buy a new Focus:banana.

If i can get the same shell I can probably find a good custom shop to cover them the same as the gt. I went to the sparco web site and didn't find anything called an "F360"????

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
If i can get the same shell I can probably find a good custom shop to cover them the same as the gt. I went to the sparco web site and didn't find anything called an "F360"????

I think F360 is referring to Ferrari 360. As in the Ferrari 360 uses the same shell.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I think F360 is referring to Ferrari 360. As in the Ferrari 360 uses the same shell.

The 360 ? I thought they were the same shell as the Enzo??

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
The 360 ? I thought they were the same shell as the Enzo??

That may be true. I personally don't know if either of the Ferrari's seat shells are the same as the GT. I was just explaining that the previously mentioned "F360" was referring to a car and not a Sparco model designation.

Chingadera

Nov 10, 2008
From the pictures I found the seats did not look similar at all. Also I'm not sure they would be any easier to find from my searching around. Anyone know a good custom shop that could replicate the covers.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Most anyone can do the covers, it's the plastic gromets you would need to find. Or perhaps they could come up with a whole new Gromet look like the hot buttons. The vintage and kit guys have sources for these you may want to check over there google GT40 kit cars or something like that. I can't remember the sites.

The Ferrari 360 Stradle has the same shell with a slight mod to where the belts slide through the top. And you are right they look nothing like the GT with the Ferrari leather or Suede covers. They also have a different adjuster knob.

Chingadera

Nov 10, 2008
Most anyone can do the covers, it's the plastic gromets you would need to find. Or perhaps they could come up with a whole new Gromet look like the hot buttons. The vintage and kit guys have sources for these you may want to check over there google GT40 kit cars or something like that. I can't remember the sites.

The Ferrari 360 Stradle has the same shell with a slight mod to where the belts slide through the top. And you are right they look nothing like the GT with the Ferrari leather or Suede covers. They also have a different adjuster knob.

I found the grommets in aluminum. I just don't know any good seat people to cover them to look the same. I can even make my own seat shell.

Chingadera

Nov 10, 2008
Im still looking for seats or at least the covers. any ideas?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
go to my thread on master interior craftsman