Wanted 2005 2006 Ford GT

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Yes I plan on driving it! Cant wait! To be honest, I have not seen any with 20K plus miles. I am near Binghamton, NY and what I have see is 8K and lower, I have seen a few out on Long Island, like at Lucas Ford with 11K miles for 271K is it me or is that just a little high? I was thinking 245K or so. Since it is at a dealer who sold GT's new, what do you think? Would it still need a PPI?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
ALWAYS get a PPI by someone who has experience with these cars. While they are very durable compared to other exotics, and repairs of most hard parts are reasonable, some things get very pricey. Spend the money upfront.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I bought mine from a Ford dealer, he had bought it used as his personal toy. You'd think that it'd be properly maintained. I flew out Rich Brooks, all four shocks were leaking, the power steering pump, and air conditioner compressor were leaking, frunk struts, and clamshell struts were shot. The owner had no idea, he was impressed! He wouldn't budge a nickel on the price, but I knew what I was getting. He did get me all the parts I needed, at his cost, I shipped it all out to Rich, (including the car) had him add his cross pipes, a pulley, tune, drop it on T&A, short shifter, etc., and the car is awesome, now with an additional 12,000 miles (5 years). Bottom line, get a PPI by someone that knows these cars!!!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I bought mine from a Ford dealer, he had bought it used as his personal toy. You'd think that it'd be properly maintained. I flew out Rich Brooks, all four shocks were leaking, the power steering pump, and air conditioner compressor were leaking, frunk struts, and clamshell struts were shot. The owner had no idea, he was impressed! He wouldn't budge a nickel on the price, but I knew what I was getting. He did get me all the parts I needed, at his cost, I shipped it all out to Rich, (including the car) had him add his cross pipes, a pulley, tune, drop it on T&A, short shifter, etc., and the car is awesome, now with an additional 12,000 miles (5 years). Bottom line, get a PPI by someone that knows these cars!!!
Amen!

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
If its the same white Ford GT at Lucas Ford it has been on the market over 2 years.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Will this soap opera be renewed for another season?

You realize that hundreds of us...maybe thousands...who did not buy new managed to buy a car used.

No matter how many times you ask about getting a PPI, the answer will be the same.

Please tell us about all the cars on which you have made an offer and failed to negotiate a deal.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
If its the same white Ford GT at Lucas Ford it has been on the market over 2 years.
Howard Lucas, the owner of Lucas Ford, is a personal GT owner, all round good guy. That being said, I'd still get a PPI!!!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I don't think it is unusual to see a 15% range on prices at any given time. That means a similar car could easily be at an ask of $260 or $300. You can apply that to almost anything. Cars, boats, houses.

A guy may not get the exact car he wants at the bottom of that range. At the top of the range can be an entirely different story.

Last, can you imagine thinking 8,000 miles was high on any other car (Ferrari excepted)? On these, it is barely broken in.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Car number one, up near me, mouse traps, dirt inside and out, car parts everywhere waiting to be knocked down on the car. Claimed never washed, bugs embedded on the nose. Price went up as we were negotiating.
Car number two, would not answer specific questions. Offered, would not take.
Car number three, Offered, refused, would not allow a PPI.
Car number four, would not let me come out to look at it, (placed bid) did not sell, relisted raised price.

Since October, my shopping history, along with other people that I have contacted. Right now, we are in a winter funk and it is hard to buy a car in the Northeast. Yes, cars are for sale for a long time. Re-listville from ebay!

Offers have been made...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think you're expecting much more headroom than exists. If you want one you can either come up or wait. Patience can be a virtue but with the prime season coming up the prices will go up.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
if you plan on driving it why are you so concerned about the mileage?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
if you plan on driving it why are you so concerned about the mileage?
So, flashback, in 2012 when I was looking to replace my GT, I was offered a low mileage car, at a fair price. I turned it down, since I planned on driving it, and didn't want to pay the low mileage premium. It took a few months, prices moved up significantly, and I ended up paying more for a 3,000 mile car, than the 1,200 mile car I was offered a few months earlier. If you see a car that meets your specs, passes the PPI, don't let a few dollars, or miles deter you!!!!

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Anyone looked at the FGT at Lucas Ford out on Long Island?