Wanted 2005 2006 Ford GT

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I would like to purchase a 2005 2006 Ford GT, looking for RED or WHITE, consider other colors maybe, but MUST have McIntosh and wheel option. Miles? Hit me up with what you got. I will be driving it. Please have everything that came with it, and (personal taste) no clear bra. No bad history. Thank you. PM please.

RIS

Nov 8, 2011
2006 ford gt

I would like to purchase a 2005 2006 Ford GT, looking for RED or WHITE, consider other colors maybe, but MUST have McIntosh and wheel option. Miles? Hit me up with what you got. I will be driving it. Please have everything that came with it, and (personal taste) no clear bra. No bad history. Thank you. PM please.

I have a black with silver stripes , with 148 miles ,I will sell it for $320,000 USA funds . Bob at 204-771-0163

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Come to Scottsdale to the GT dinner.... there 2 red ones going across the block at Barrett Jackson.... we will CHEER YOU ON until you get the hammer!!!!!

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Just asking, but what do you all think of this car? Would like to bid on it if the reserve is "reasonable" super low miles, but 300K BIN? I was thinking really money 275K? Lots of people say 10% off is the norm? That would be 270K.

Still looking for a nice unmodified red or white car....

:confused

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Ford-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Last edited:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Don’t bid on it and watch the bidding. Wait till the last 30 seconds and snipe it, if it is within your price range. I bought both my GTs on EBay that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I called them, they were high pressure, told me the car would sell by this weekend. Typical opening bid, with a reserve, thus it takes 2 people to get happy with the bidding. I personally don't think it will sell, just add it to all the other "re-listville" cars, I guess.

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
If you do not know the car, do an inspection in person or have someone who knows inspect it. Someone tried to scam me on a GT that was not their car. Buyer beware.

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
With that mileage, $ 300 K is in ballpark. Agree with trying to snipe it though. Rick

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Sad and scary, I also said I wanted to come down Tuesday to look at it, and he said, you better hurry, it will be sold before Tuesday....High Pressure salesman.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Noone is going to drop a car on your lap. The only way you're going to find one is to identify a car you like and make an offer on it. If that means placing a bid on this one or making a cash offer after the auction is closed, the ball is yours to pitch.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It looks pretty sweet. If no janky history and as nice as it looks in the pictures, they may get close to their ask. But they may have to pay auction fees to do it.

Don't be pressured tho. Cars asking all the money don't move as fast as bargain priced cars. There will always be another red or white car. Low mile cars aren't as rare as one would think.

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
More photos here
https://www.webeautos.com/detail-2005-ford-gt-2dr_coupe-used-18572353.html

No service history on carfax..assume it needs a complete servicing. Tires if you want to drive it. Needs airbags recall. I suspect dealer knows very little about it. High pressure tactics are certainly a turn off.

Dealer itself has not so great reviews : https://www.cars.com/dealers/2396787/champion-motors/

https://www.google.com/search?ei=mM...d93:0xc146865146eb967b,1,,,&spf=1549453099277

I am a couple hours away if you need a hand.

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Knowing friends who have purchase very low mileage cars , if this car is clean... even without the servicing that will be needed , it is easily worth
$300 K. .. the key is it is low mileage...

They bought their cars as long term investments .. even worried about adding 3 miles to the ODO to drive the car off the Reliable Trailer to the garage !
If you want it buy it. But my recommendation after you do all the 10 year servicing is to drive the crap out of it.... you need to catch up to the 15,000 to 20,000 miles that should be on the ODO....!
andy (ajb)

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Knowing friends who have purchase very low mileage cars , if this car is clean... even without the servicing that will be needed , it is easily worth
$300 K. .. the key is it is low mileage...

I agree- 300K seems fine or even low if the car checks out

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
If I was seeking a low mile car (<500 miles), I'd have no issue paying $300,000 if the car checks out with no stories. However, these cars are meant to be driven. Personally, I'd look for a higher mileage car, save the $$ and drive the heck out of it! If I buy another '05 or 06', it will be white with blue stripes.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Why am I seeing cars for sale for many months, only to then become auction cars, that do not meet the reserve?
Ebay is nothing but "Re-listville"
Hemmings, for sale forever and auction sales? That never meet reserve.
Cars dot com, again, for sale forever, some "auction" never meeting reserve!
OMG go to ebay, advance, completed sales, NONE are in green, and or sold!

As the Chicago song goes, "Does anybody really SELL THEIR FORD GT's? Does anybody really care?"

Still loooooking for that White or Red car. Gee, I want one too!

Not Bi$*#@n or crying, just really wondering.....:rofl

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I would sure believe that a car could be purchased.

Maybe car requirements or the budget need to be adjusted?

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Well, I like red of white, but, your right there, maybe color is not a worry, however there is a blue one in the area, don't want to be a copycat, would like to get a car with under 10K miles, but willing to go over. Price, I thought I could find one for 240K-260K. I really have one must, and that's McIntosh, since I am from Binghamton and I remember the prototypes at McIntosh! Very Cool. I think, if someone wants 275K I should be able to get them near 250K? 300K I should be able to get it to 270K....just saying.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think if you are stuck on those numbers you'll be looking for some time to come. Make someone an offer on one of the ebay cars. Contact some of the dealers with your criteria and price point. They might find one that fits your needs that they would normally pass up. Keep an eye on the auctions, you might get a surprise with a no reserve sale. Good luck.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Yes, lots of reserve-not-met and sale-fails out there. The market always balances, so be patient. And if you plan to drive it (which you should!) then look for one with more miles. If you buy one with 20K or 30K or more miles, putting more miles on it won't hurt it's value.