Visit to Jay Leno's garage visit available to highest bidder

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
A visit to Jay Leno's garage is now up for grabs to the highest bidder.

Charitybuzz.com is auctioning off a visit for two people to the consummate car collector's garage. Proceeds will go to the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.

Leno's garage is 17,000 square feet, and is run by a full-time mechanic/racer/customizer,Bernard Juchli. Cars in the garage span about 100 years, from a 1906 Stanley Steamer to a 2006 Corvette. The collection also has a number of rare cars, such as a Monteverde, a Bugatti Atlantic, and a turbine motorcycle.

Auction winners get to tour the garage, and shouldn't expect to see Leno himself. As of late Friday afternoon, bids were up to $1,100.

http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/113694

Attachments

• detail.jpg
    detail.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 383

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
RFK Center is a poorly run "charity". If you're considering it as a charitable contribution I'm sure you all know of more deserving places to donate your money to get the best bang for your $. If you want to see Leno's garage then just consider the donation the price of admission.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It would seem strange to tour his Garage and not have him there. :bored

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
AMEN SANDMAN. Thank you for beating me to the punch.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
....don't know anything about the charity. :eek

Just came across the announcement and thought others might find value.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
....don't know anything about the charity. :eek

Just came across the announcement and thought others might find value.

No worries, just wanted to add my two cents re:the charity. That stated I would like to visit the Garage and it's great that Mr. Leno does such things. I'm grateful that you made me aware of this opportunity as I was unaware that he did this. Hopefully he will do so in the future and the proceeds will go to something/someone I'm willing to donate my money too.

B'smooth

Mar 17, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
WOW! Justics and Human Rights. Very good cause if you have experienced or know something in detail about the Civil Rights Movement. Saw it LIVE and in living Color. Maybe the charity could use a little Boost.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
WOW! Justics and Human Rights. Very good cause if you have experienced or know something in detail about the Civil Rights Movement. Saw it LIVE and in living Color. Maybe the charity could use a little Boost.

I have no problem with a charity or donor giving to the cause of "justice and human rights" after all it's the donors money. What I was pointing out is that the RFK Center is a poorly run option. They are very big on administrative salaries and cocktail parties leaving a relatively small percentage of donation monies for their "cause". If you care about your money being spent well you would be well advised to do some research and choose another organization that fits similar criteria.