Video on Autocar Online

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Some sort of track test new Ford GT
My inept computer couldn't download it (opening page, third box on right) but maybe you can. Autocar is really a German magazine disguised as an English one but still has lots of good stuff.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
bitzman said:
Some sort of track test new Ford GT
My inept computer couldn't download it (opening page, third box on right) but maybe you can. Autocar is really a German magazine disguised as an English one but still has lots of good stuff.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/

The video blows, but the review is nice:

Review of the Ford GT on Autocar

They don't like that it's not loud enough (I personally think it's an asset, I like talking to the lady in the passenger seat), and that the dashboard looks flimsy. Otherwise it's all good :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great post, enjoyed the article, I tend to agree with the author

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Uneventful video, good article. Can't say I disagree with anything in it. :thumbsup

By the way, if anyone ever has any video of the car they'd like to upload, we can host it here at the site.

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
One thing I did get out of the video, was how well the GT transitioned from a slide back into steady cornering. Anyway, I like to see it run on a track anytime, looks great!

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
sliding controlled - here's why..

Guys,

setup:
that easyhandling sliding back is the result of the setup changes. As you see from the UK plate, it was the testcar that toured Europe. So this is for sure the result of barondw's setup settings !
With 5degree toecamber on the back, it must come back like fourwheel steered... And, as revealed, they had the only one test car (so called 'the Eurotester', before it got trashed in Monza by the Italians from Quattroroute and returned to US in a closed container..) hence it had these PR settings to optimize handling.

By the way, they are appealing and I recommend them to try out, unless you worry the rubber will wear too quickly. Will make oversteer cornering less wicked matters for sure.. I'll apply them, and maybe gradually experiment with a bit less toecamber!
Just send an email to barondw (or to me, as I have them now aswell, thanks to him), he will send you a simple to adapt PDF sheet with the data. Good stuff...

sound:
By the way, the car really is way too quiet...On the Ferraris here they put open / close valves with a simple switch postfitted in the cabin. Which allows for nice conversations with your girlfriend, and same time allows to shut up a wife that bikkers too much about your driving too fast eventually.. and impress the crowd standing by and cheering:banana

Maybe we could have some direct exhaust valves postfitted, for trackdays would be hell of fun to drive open..!? works like a captains call exhaust from Corsa for boats. If you want I can send some pictures about the install on the Ferraris..

Last edited: