Vehicles into storage...sad

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
You can drive all year round in Seattle - yes! But it may be a little wet!

Ed

True - you won't be driving everyday, if you don't like driving in the rain ...... well Jeff would.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
True - you won't be driving everyday, if you don't like driving in the rain ...... well Jeff would.

So true. I know for a fact the wipers work good.

However, my GT is parked in the garage. I left the rain after 8.2" in 3 weeks.

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
I'm looking forward to the monthly Cars and Coffee and many weekly car shows here in Florida during this coming winter season.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Out 3 times this week still in the 80's.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
It's 78 here, but it's not lunchtime yet, heading to the lake.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Almost 80 today in eastern PA. So got some seat time in the GT today OH and a lot of thumbs up from passersby.

Dominic

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Washed and waxed mine yesterday. Plugged it in and covered it up for the winter. Sad as it got to 80F today. November weather in SW MO is squirrely at best so I "got er done." Next is to take the summer wheels/tires off the Cayenne and put on the winter set.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Not me, no way... Driving thru winter when the roads aren't salty. Had it out two years ago when it was 13 degrees out and took it for a nice 200 mile sprint.

These are great in all weather as long as its not rolling on salt :biggrin

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Reason mine goes to sleep for the winter is two fold:
- living near a tourist town results in lots of folks visiting who don't have a clue about driving, especially in cold weather.
- any threat of snow or ice and the MO DOT puts sand down which seems to stay until the spring.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I think the cars actually enjoy a 'sleepy-time rest' in the winter....

andy (ajb)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Note to self:

Don't move anywhere with a state income tax or an average winter temperature below 50 degrees.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Note to self:

Don't move anywhere with a state income tax or an average winter temperature below 50 degrees.

It isn't so bad, really. You just have to participate in some of the fun things that only winter can offer! I cannot wait to get my snowmobiles, and my boys snowmobiles, ready to go. 200 hp in a 400 pound snowmobile can make supercars seem pretty tame. [emoji6]

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'll just live the winter dream vicariously through you Clint.:lol

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Out 3 times this week still in the 80's.

Out five times last week (just like most weeks). Hit the 30's. Precipitated on once. You can drive it in the snow, ya know. Just don't expect tire performance.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I'll just live the winter dream vicariously through you Clint.:lol

:biggrin

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Note to self:

We have one of the two items listed here in Washington, plus no hurricanes.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
When you put away the GT for the winter, other than plug in the battery tender, wash/wax/cover the car...., what do you do with engine oil, fluids in the car, and tires? Fill all fluids, and somewhat over inflate the tires?

thx

Ed

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Add Marine Stabil or equivalent to the fuel.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
per the Ford GT Storage letter :

-fill fuel tank , add commercially avail fuel stabilizer , run engine minimum of one minute to circulate
-perform the annual oil and filter change prior to storage with Motorcraft 5W-50Full Synthetic pn XO 5W50 QGT ( I usually change oil and filter at the start of the season so I am BAD on this one...)
-Tires. inflate to 44 psi
-battery - insure that trickle charger part no: 4G7Z-14B249-A is used.
-Paint - apply Motorcraft paint sealant ZC-45 and Motorcraft liquid wax ZC-53A. cover the vehicle.

andy (ajb)

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
One thing I do as it does not get bitterly cold here. I uncover my car once per month, start it and run it to circulate the oil. If its not too bad that day I may back it out of garage to end of long driveway and back in.