Unscratchable clearplex?

I have Clearplex on my windshield, and it has done a fantastic job of protection for years (installed more than 20,000 miles ago) from rocks etc. However, I always thought it would be easily scratched/damaged by the wipers. Clearplex says that "Our windshield protection film stands up to everyday abrasions like windshield wipers, rock chips, and dirt, helping you prolong the life of the glass."

Has anyone used it routinely with wipers in the rain? If so, how well did it last?

Inquiring minds want to know ...

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Yes - slight wear over 12 years. Had some fir needles - oops turned-on wiper with dry windshield --scratches were the result.

Reactions: white out

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Use a rainx type of product and you will never need wipers
I do leave mine in the truck in case of a major down pour

Reactions: PeteK and 2112

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
After 15 years and numerous long drives in the rain, you can see some scratching of the clearplex The worst is when the blade came off partially after filling up in Tennessee coming back from Petit LeMans. I will replace it over the winter. It has saved my windshield more times than I can remember. There is nothing to think about here, just do it. BUT.....have a window tint guy put in on and not a clear bra guy.