Uh Oh...

Hye GT

GT Owner
Sep 18, 2005
Fresno California
Looks like a few problems with my new GT. :frown I absolutely love the car though! :biggrin

1. When I recieved the car it looks like someone tried to buff it. When this occured the dealer took a tiny little spot of paint off on one of the lines (not a huge deal, but would be better without it)

2. Looks as if when they were buffing it they took a little bit of the clear coat off on a tiny spot of the white stripe down the front. (very difficult to see or find, but still a problem) I still have not had my detail guy take a look at it so I may be able to resolve this problem.

3. On the passenger side it looks as if there was a tiny little bubble in the side stripe and it has now creased together. (very small) Does anyone think it could be improved if I had it redone? Or is there the risk it could happen again?

4. My rear passenger red calliper is peeling and chipping like you can't believe. IT IS SO BAD. Also the rear drivers calliper looks as if it will go any minute!

Can anyone help me? Have any of you guys gone through similar problems?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
A couple of questions:

Why did you accept delivery? Yeah I know you wanted the car like we all did but once you accepted delivery the dealer is slightly off the hook unless the paint issues were documented. Some of us had to wait months because of the suspension recall before we could take delivery.

Did you show the problems, paint and caliper, to the dealer and what did they say?

First course of action now is the dealer.
Second, is FoMoCo if the dealer is not truly responsive.

FoMoCo understands that you spent a lot of money for a Ford branded auto and wants you to be happy. Thus the dealer will assist you. You are a VIP customer to the dealer believe it or not.

If you go to Owners Club Section of the Opening Page of the FOrum there is a thread on problems. That's where this should probably be discussed. Use this link http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134

To the best of my knowledge no other owner has reported similar problems, especially the caliper. The paint seems to be localized to your dealer and the actions they took.
Dave