TRG Racing

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
TRG (The Racer’s Group) What a great team! This past week-end, Kevin Buckler of TRG Racing hosted a dinner at the VIR Clubhouse for those at a track day on Monday with the Ferrari Club. This man needs to patent his energy and passion. What a refreshing guy – whose success speaks for itself . He had most of the team there – including engineers and several of his star drivers including Andy Lally. We tasted his “Adobe Road” wines to good measure (look for an article on him in the latest Wine Spectator) – and he gave us several bottles which didn’t last long at all. It was interesting speaking with all the key players and seeing the synergy that exists between all departments and personnel. Kevin is moving his operation from Petaluma, CA to the New Jersey Motorsport Park later in the year. The build shop will remain in Mooresville, NC. What made his attendance all the more impressive – is that he was at Atlanta Motor speedway all day Sunday for the NASCAR race, in which they had a car driven by David Gilliland. He then flew up to VIR for the dinner Sunday night – and still walked in with more energy than anyone there. (See http://www.theracersgroup.com/)

During the course of the dinner – he invited us to stay for their test day on Tuesday and share the track with them – which my friend Geoff and I did. TRG were sorting out a few new 997 GT-3 cup cars for a couple of customers. They guys battled with the cars – but Kevin’s crew were very patient. I was very lucky to have Spencer Pumpelly take me around VIR in my Lotus Exige. OMG!!! What an experience. The guy was unbelievable. He really did thrash the car – but it was amazing. Braking and turn-in’s were something to see. It certainly gave me a new level to shoot for. Geoff and I were lapping in the high teens (2:19’s) but Spencer put in a 2:14 with two of us in the car. Remarkable. TRG's next events are Miami this week-end and Homestead after that.

By the way – if any of you need track coaching my friend Geoff Moller (Concord, NC) is available for hire. He’s recently been laid off from the Richard Petty Driving Experience. He’s currently instructing the Dodge SRT program and is an accomplished driver and instructor.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Gordo - what a great experience.

TRG is a first class operation.

With great wines to boot!

Wish I wasn't 3,000 miles away.

Jeff