Top 10 Hidden "easter eggs". GT makes the list...

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Who knew, that's pretty cool.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Can anyone certify that was intentional? I'm an xcentric skeptic.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
This is in fact true.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Can anyone certify that was intentional? I'm an xcentric skeptic.

If you're referring to the "100" FGT headlight thing - yup.

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
The full story is that Bill Fords car (white blue stripes) was VIN 001 so the right headlamp is 001 for Bills VIN and the left headlight 100 is for the 100 years of Ford Motor Co. Only fully works on Bills car.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
There are several "Easter egg" design elements in the GT. I used to know more but I've forgotten some. The interior door pull, exterior mirror location, exterior door lines/window functionality, and the underbody tray pattern are four I remember (beyond the headlight "100" design"). I'm sure others here know many more.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I hope Bill drives his GT.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
There are several "Easter egg" design elements in the GT. I used to know more but I've forgotten some. The interior door pull, exterior mirror location, exterior door lines/window functionality, and the underbody tray pattern are four I remember (beyond the headlight "100" design"). I'm sure others here know many more.

I obviously haven't wasted enough time on this forum to know the significance of the other ones. What are they?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I don't understand any as "Easter eggs" (besides headlight 100).

Is there a function of the "1?"

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I don't understand any as "Easter eggs" (besides headlight 100).

Is there a function of the "1?"

Yes. It is the first digit in "100". Duh.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
ok...so the ones in the headlights do nothing but serve as alleged easter eggs?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
They light up.

image.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Point taken. They do nothing. But! Considering how the headlights could have turned out given the development iterations...they look good.

BTW...that car is in danger of skidding off the floor!

Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
To me an "Easter egg" is any design element that has a specific story behind it that goes beyond just "getting the job done" AND it's something most people don't know about.

I.e. -- the headlights didn't need to have a design that looks like "100" (or "001") but they do to celebrate Ford's centennial. And most people don't know about it.

Another i.e. -- the interior door pull (where you grab to close the doors) is the exact same material used for the engine brace. Check it out if you haven't. The same shape and pattern of aluminum that braces the top of the engine was used (in a shorter, cut piece) as the door pull. Ford could have just used a basic metal bar that fit well in the human hand, but they used that specific piece from the engine cradle. To me that's cool, and an "Easter egg" because most people have no idea.

Another i.e. -- the underbelly tray says "Ford GT" on it. Most of the tray has tiny bends to strengthen it, but the is a pattern where the tray is smooth that spells "Ford GT." If you haven't been under the car you'd never know it, and it certainly wasn't necessary. But Ford did it anyway. That's cool. Side note -- the first three Ford GTs, built as "2004" models (the white one is Bill Ford's) DO NOT have "Ford GT" in the underbelly pan. They hadn't thought of it yet.

I think a lot of people have noticed the exterior mirrors aren't in the same location between the driver's and passenger side, and there's a purpose to that (the thick A-pillars required them to be staggered), so that's a borderline Easter egg IMHO.

Also, the pronounced exterior lines on the doors that lead to the cooling vent/scoop were done to maintain the concept car's look while allowing the windows to go up and down. If you look at the yellow concept car the door shape actually cuts IN to make an air path to the cooling scoop. But that design makes it impossible for the window to lower. So they kept the door flat in the production cars and made the door lines flare OUT to maintain the look while allowing the windows to go down. A very effective optical illusion if you ask me, because most people never noticed...

These are the main "Easter eggs" I know about, but there are more I know I'm forgetting.