Toggle Switch Backlighting

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
I have 2 toggle switches that have lost the backlighting. Anyone familiar with the process to repair this? Is there a separate light bulb or is the bulb integrated with the switch? Any assistance in repairing this appreciated. Is it a DIY project? Thanks.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
I believe you have to replace the switch. There was a post on this within the last few months, which explained the process.

John

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Thanks for the tip. Didn't see it before when I did a search, found it this time.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Tachy, let me know how you make out. I haven't done mine yet.

Howard

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Elliot, StormCat is an expert at this.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
This old post was brought back to life about two months ago.. It's actuall on page two of the tech section ... link below
I've had two burn out.. Another weak electrical link... LED's should outlast the car.. I guess this is going to be like the gauges ..:ack

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?10527-Toggle-switch-back-light

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I've got one out too.
Have been putting off removing/replacing.
Probably time to get it done before the Rally. GT must be in tip top shape for Sonoma!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
My LED is out in my Headlamp Switch since 2010. As it is hidden behind the steering wheel, I did not notice it for a very long time. Coming back from Rally IV, I happened to see that it was not lit, so I called Power Ford in Scottsdale and talked with Dexter. As the car was still under warranty, he ordered one for me & I picked it up on my way back. Still haven't installed it though, as I still can't see that it's out during normal night driving. I don't want to open up that area if it's only for something I can't see. Still have it in my parts storage. I guess I'll only put it in when the car is entered in a Concours - maybe in 20 years, if I live that long.