tire dressing

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Does anyone know if the black tire dressing foam can be used on hoses and the air intake rubber, or if it will speed the breakdown of the rubber. Any other downsides? It would be a nice spiff-up for some of the components back in the engine room, but I thought I'd check first.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Does anyone know if the black tire dressing foam can be used on hoses and the air intake rubber, or if it will speed the breakdown of the rubber. Any other downsides? It would be a nice spiff-up for some of the components back in the engine room, but I thought I'd check first.
I use waterbase dressing for my cars .....I hate the oil base dressings especially for the wheels because it is all over the side of the car after 2 blocks.The water base will not harm anything either.It can be found at most detail suppliers.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I agree. Simple Armor-all on a rag wiped on by hand will bring your black rubber back to life. Do not use Armor-all on any leather as it will dry it out, etc....

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
What happened to armor all turning tires brown?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The reason it will turn tires a brown shade is it makes the dirt, etc stick to them more. Usually will only turn them brown if you drive the car in the rain or on a dirt road or dirty road. All you got to do is use white wall cleaner and a brush and you will remove all dirt etc and the tire will return to a NEW-LIKE finish. :thumbsup

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Ive used WD-40 for years. Haven't tried it on the tires but it's great on engine compartment rubber. Spray in on, let it sit for 15-20 min. & hose or wipe off.