Tint and/or3m Film Protection

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
I'm posting this for inofrmation only, I have no monetary inducment. This guy, EDRE and his brother do the very best 3m film protection for the front bumpers of cars as well as tinting. They have done my Ferrari's and just finished my GT. Their number is 787-7544. ENVISAGE DESIGN

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Post some pics when you get it done. I'm a big fan of "clearshield" or w/e people want to call it.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
posting will do no good. Their work is invisible to the eye...you would never know it's on the car. It's optically correct 3m 3mm film.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I am having mine done on Friday...I will let you know how it looks..this will be the first car of mine to get it...I just don't want chips and scratches.

Matt

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
you'll love it

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Front bra

I talked to Speed Lingerie yesterday. They will have a car in for measurement in the next two weeks. Will take two weeks to make patterns, probably have product ready in April.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
clear bra

Here's another source. XPEL

I purchased my kit from them. All precut and ready to install. You may do it yourself or use their local installer. Many Import dealers use their products. Some of their installer can download the dye and cut onsite.

http://www.xpel.com/products/paint.asp

I met them 3 years ago at SEMA. Great people to deal with.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I ordered the film over the internet, the company claimed to have local installers. After I got the film I called the installers, none of them will install it unless you buy from them. So, I have no one to install it now.

Guess I gotta buy another set, I'm not installing this myself.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
I, on the other hand, love to take chances and I don't trust most installers. What Co. did you order the kit from? I might give it a try.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I ordered it from
invisiblemask.com
for significantly less money than x-pel, I think it was here the next day.

It is an X-PEL kit
www.xpel.com

I don't think it's that hard to install, but I am easily frustrated and never satisfied with anything. I'm especially critical of my own work, so if I installed it and it wasn't perfect, I'd be pissed, and pissed at myself.

I'm also concerned about installing it on the heritage, believe it or not, most of that pretty color is vinyl strips, the kit might pull them off one day when it's removed.

I'll probably have it installed next week, I'll let everyone know how it turned out before you spend the money.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Thanks, I see your point.
I believe the product is supposed to be easily removed with a soap based release agent. So if it becomes "Weathered" or badly nicked it can be replaced.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Yeah, it's the same stuff they call Scuderia Fender Shields on the Ferrari. My concern isn't for the paint but for the vinyl strips on my Heritage.
I'm sure it comes off clean, but will be some work to remove.

It's made by 3M, BTW, so it's not just some stuff.