TimePieces Thread

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Good luck on your 9 step program. We're rooting for you.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Happy to leave it all & focus on cars/ladies

...'cheaper to focus on the watches!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I fell off wagon & built racing poster collection (26)

Last year collected babes (26)...

Slower start this year (1.5)

FordGT4fun

good news for the owner of Corum watches they will increase in value because now Corum become chinese...
the next few day is hold the watch an jewellry show in Basle just 15 min from where i live.
For all my Ford GT friends and Watches enthusiasts have a look on this site www.baselworld.com
Regards

Pierre

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I fell off wagon & built racing poster collection (26)

Last year collected babes (26)...

Slower start this year (1.5)

What's with the .5? Are you dating circus midgets now?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
1978 Sea Dweller

Gentlemen,

I have half a dozen watches and I switch once in a while but most of the time I wear the oldest one. I bought this Rolex Sea Dweller brand new for $995 dollars when I got out of college in 1978. 35 years later I've worn it on dive trips all over the world, hunting safaris from Argentina to Africa, through the sound barrier in a T-38, and with me on countless other adventures including all 8 GT Rally's. The memories associated with this watch are more valuable than the timepiece itself and it will always be my favorite. Other watches that sit in my safe are Omega Speedmaster, Omega Seamaster, Rolex GMT-Master, 50th Anniversary Rolex Submariner, Rolex Datejust. Probably the best watch I own and certainly the most accurate is a Casio G-Shock that cost $100. Cheers.

Chip

Attachments

• rolex.jpg
    rolex.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Cool and even the date is accurate! Nice job. Even with a bank of winders, I'm always laying them down somewhere and they die and I can't bother to reset them.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Happy to leave it all & focus on cars/ladies
It's good to have focus in life.

After a 15-month wait, my Omega X-33 Speedmaster is being shipped. I should have it in a week or so. Pictures to follow.

Armatec

May 16, 2012
Switzerland
Repair Aviatex service ni Switzerland

I also have one of these but the previous generation with the round face.

My daily driver is this Ford GT watch:

View attachment 28298

Note the Ford logo on the second hand. Ford of Switzerland secured these back in 2005 when the 101 European GTs were sent over. They were made by Aviatex Technology, a small Swiss watch manufacturer, and were available in all GT the colors. I believe Aviatex is now out-of-business but the parts are off-the-shelf Swiss stuff so I should be okay for servicing it.

Hello,

For people this have one Aviatex watch, I have a repair office for Aviatex Watches....
I hope that I can help for repair or services or parts.
Thanks

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Other watches that sit in my safe are Omega Speedmaster, Omega Seamaster, Rolex GMT-Master, 50th Anniversary Rolex Submariner, Rolex Datejust. Probably the best watch I own and certainly the most accurate is a Casio G-Shock that cost $100. Cheers.

Chip

I must be odd man out here...again. 'Haven't seen another "high end" watch I like as much, let alone more, than the Rolex Diamond President I bought back in '06...so, that's the only "high end" dress piece I own. Why? Because realistically a guy can only wear one watch at a time, and the Pres. is the watch I'd always prefer to wear. So, why have others sitting in the safe? What would be the point - in my own specific case I mean.

'Guess I'm just put together funny... :facepalm:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I must be odd man out here...again. 'Haven't seen another "high end" watch I like as much, let alone more, than the Rolex Diamond President I bought back in '06...so, that's the only "high end" dress piece I own. Why? Because realistically a guy can only wear one watch at a time, and the Pres. is the watch I'd always prefer to wear. So, why have others sitting in the safe? What would be the point - in my own specific case I mean.

'Guess I'm just put together funny... :facepalm:

Same thing could be said about cars, EP. Do you have just one vehicle?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Same thing could be said about cars, EP. Do you have just one vehicle?

Eight...but, there's a diff, Doc. The vehicles each have a specific purpose depending on where I/we may be going, what we're going to do when we get there, and what/how much we need to take with us...as well as other factors. (E.g.: I can't very well haul a couple yards of beauty bark home in my stepside S-10 p/u...I use my F-350 dump truck for that. Conversely, I darned sure am not going to take my dump truck downtown to pick up a percription! But, a "dress" situation is always a "dress" situation no matter where/when/what the deal may be. 'See what I mean?)

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Checkout the new Tudor Chronographs

Heritage one is remake of blue bezel Monte Carlo from 70s

These wil be collectible

My 1990 Tudor Prince Chronograph (white dial/black reg) was $950 new; $1500 in 2003 and $6000 today

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Eight...but, there's a diff, Doc. The vehicles each have a specific purpose depending on where I/we may be going, what we're going to do when we get there, and what/how much we need to take with us...as well as other factors. (E.g.: I can't very well haul a couple yards of beauty bark home in my stepside S-10 p/u...I use my F-350 dump truck for that. Conversely, I darned sure am not going to take my dump truck downtown to pick up a percription! But, a "dress" situation is always a "dress" situation no matter where/when/what the deal may be. 'See what I mean?)

understood. I just googled beauty bark to find out what it is. Why do they call it "beauty" bark? :confused

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Why do they call it "beauty" bark? :confused

Darned if I know! Maybe it's a "regional" thing! :biggrin

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Hello,

For people this have one Aviatex watch, I have a repair office for Aviatex Watches....
Thanks

Hello Armatec, how can I contact you? Do u have an email? I have an Aviatex Ford GT edition and would like to buy a spare band; thanks,

Gaby

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Hello Armatec,

Please contact me, I have an Aviatex watch & need a spare/replace my band; thanks,

Hello,

Thanks

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Hasn't seen this thread till now. I have a few pieces but lately I've been on a gun and ammo buying spree
Here's one I bought last year in Vegas

apere4an.jpg

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
Do want...

BRM_SD-41-GULF_Automatic_Chronograph_Limited_Edition.jpg

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
One of my favorites is this vintage 1970 Breitling GMT Chrono with Breitling bracelet. I bought it new at Breitling's office in NYC when I was Editor of CARS Magazine. That was before the brand was sold everywhere. Never serviced other than a cleaning. Marty

Attachments

• Breitling.jpg
    Breitling.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 281