Thank you Shelby at Elite Autos

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
I just joined the forum last week and my first post was a "Ford GT Wanted" ad. Within three hours, Shelby Smith at Elite Autos responded that he had two cars that met my criteria. I called him that evening and then checked out his web site for information about the cars.The next day we spoke, and he gave me a detailed description of the cars. I worked out a tentative deal on the 2005 Silver car and told him that my wife and I would like to drive to Arkansas and inspect the car that weekend.

Shelby made it clear that he would accomodate our schedule as we needed. When we arrived on Saturday, the car was setting in the center of the showroom for us to inspect. Shelby took as much time as we needed to answer all of our questions. He was knowledgable, friendly and professional. The car was exactly as he had described it. He made sure all of the manuals, covers, etc. were accounted for, and went over a number of items related to this specific car's build specs. He offered, and I accepted, to put the car up on his lift so I could check out the underside and suspension. He shared the paperwork related to his purchase of the car and made sure I knew how to contact the original owner.

We worked out the pricing (not cheap, but very fair for the quality car), and he accomodated my special requests on some of the paperwork. He arranged shipping and has talked to me every day since to make sure all of my needs are being taken care of. The car should arrive Friday.

I just wanted everybody to know that Shelby Smith is the real deal. He made spending money a very pleasent experience and his product was exactly as described. By the way, there were 9 Ford GT's in stock at Elite Autos.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats, register on the GT Registry above, send me an email or pm that you have completed the task and I will change your tittle to GT OWNER.
Cheers,
daniel

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Is the Registry working? Can't seem to access it.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome to our GT community and enjoy your new ride:cheers

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
I just wanted everybody to know that Shelby Smith is the real deal. He made spending money a very pleasent experience.

+ 1

I've worked with Shelby also.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Nice to see you back on the forum DWR. I almost forgot this is where I ran into you. Guys, Mr. DWR has QUITE the car collection. I will let him chime in, but I can assure you that all here will be impressed as was I. Oh, DWR also has an original GT40! :thumbsup

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
Yep, Shelby seems to have a stellar reputation. If you're looking for the "Canadian" version of Shelby one of my friends who I grew up with is also a high end car broker. He has some of the cleanest cars around, and I bought every car I've had from him (including my GT).

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Oh, DWR also has an original GT40! :thumbsup

Whoa, that is to cool. Except I would be so stressed every weekend trying to decide which car to wax and take to the show. Now I'm really worried about our new member.

P.S. DWR, please post some pix of both of those beauties.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome

Welcome and congratulations DWR46! You bought the best color! :thumbsup You're going to love it!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome...!!

0506FordGT

Jan 29, 2008
Maryland/Georgia
P.S. DWR, please post some pix of both of those beauties.
+1:eek

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Is the Registry working? Can't seem to access it.

YES, it has been down for maintenace, and will be down several time this weekend... according to Super B