T- 15 DAYS for Detroit – the Daily Diary of a Ford GT fanatic

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
T-15 till Detroit

Had to drive to see a supplier that is messing up on their deliveries to the company today. Trip was 185 miles one way. Great opportunity to stretch my legs in the GT and check out the first leg on the drive to Detroit. Planned to leave at 7:00 but after looking at the weather forecast decided to take my daily driver. Sure enough it rained the first hour leaving and the last hour returning.

What we’re my thoughts on the drive:
-Wish I could have driven the GT
-Damn its raining –I still could have driven the GT. Wonder how bad it would have been to clean it.
-It going to stop raining, could have driven the GT
-I really need to get away from these idiots on the road all “lemming” together, should have had the GT
-What the hell is this “Shift Ball” think Joey’s got going on?
-Bony really spends to much time surfing car forum on the weekend – but it was a really great summary.
-Wonder if e-shrink really polishes his rotors after washing the car…..
-Friday is the day I Zaino….. Really pissed off the wife by taking a day off for the car and not her – again! [Note to self: Call lawyer and see if its better to buy a second GT before the divorce papers hit so I can have one no matter what – maybe a Heritage? Need to look at the paint seams while in Detroit….]

Finally arrived at site, had the meeting with the supplier. They could tell I was in a bad mood, thought it was their performance but reality is “I wished I could have driven the GT!”.

My mood became even visible and more frustrated by the offensive statement made when the CEO of the supplier said to me “a GT, really, what year is your Mustang, I had a 69 Torino” - Secretly I wished I could have parked the car on his desk – with him at the desk.

Meeting was short. The supplier said they wanted to “bond” as Sr. Mgmt of the two companies in the next coming weeks and even then suggested white water rafting – in North Carolina (get real). I really had the pleasure of saying – “the business climate between our two companies is turbulent enough and now you want to go white water rafting?, I have no time free as I am planning a trip to a worldwide event in Detroit organized locally by key member and associate DBK and supported by Joey the “godfather of the event” of NY…. Trade press from the US and elsewhere will be there, celebrities (even heard that Pam will be there) and other member of the group from around the country and even the world will be there which requires my immediate attention. [I’m traveling across the US buying every OPUS X cigar I can get my hands on].

Arrived home in the rain, talked to the wife, ate dinner, got yelled at by the wife that my priorities are wrong being;
1.) the job,
2.) the GT,
3.) her.

Realized she was right. With Detroit coming up the priorities are now firmly:
1.) The GT and DETROIT!,
2.) The job,
3.) Her

Enough for now…..

T-15 till Detroit. I hope it doesn’t rain on the way or while we are there…

Talk to ya GTJOEY! :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great post MAD. So much I can identify with...

See you in Detroit!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Shift Ball :willy

Someone's been talking to Limongelli. I considered re-naming the event the 2006 Look at the Shift Ball Rally, but decided we'll simply put on a 2-3 hour tech talk in regards to the shift ball instead.

15 days to go? $@!* me!