Stock Radio (Need Help)

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Hello everyone. My GT is one of the few that has the stock sound system ( I love it in that the cabin feels more open and I can better see the Supercharger without the Mcintosh sub).

Anyway, my owners manual only has instructions for the Mcintosh stereo. Does anyone have or know where I can get the instructions for the standard stereo? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
EasyEric said:
Hello everyone. My GT is one of the few that has the stock sound system ( I love it in that the cabin feels more open and I can better see the Supercharger without the Mcintosh sub).

Anyway, my owners manual only has instructions for the Mcintosh stereo. Does anyone have or know where I can get the instructions for the standard stereo? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Eric,

I also have a Std radio. If you send me a fax# I'll fax the instructions. You should have received it with your owners pack.

Charles

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
How does the standard radio sound? have you herd the Mac? What do you think? I would love to ditch my mac but want to here a standard first.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
First of all I want to publicly thank Charles (Amer_Spd) for supplying me with the standard radio instructions. Thanks again Charles!

SteveA,
The stock radio does not sound bad at all compared to the Mcintosh. I would think the main limitation, when compared to the Mcintosh, is the low bass and maybe dynamic range (playing loud without distortion).

So if you're not listening to much Hip-Hop (I do, but not in the GT) or if you're not blasting the music loud enough to rattle people's dental fillings, I think you'll be fine with the standard radio.

Eric

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Thanks!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The Mac stereo doesn't sould that great either. So you are not missing much but the subwoofer and weight. If you want I sell you my Mac stereo if you really want it!

BlackICE

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think the silver looks better than black for the radio. Let me know what you come up with for a radio. I didn't think you wanted to buy my Mac.

I envy you in getting the car without the Mac. I had to buy the part to replace the subwoofer for $1250 (dealer cost). But the dealer cut me a good price on the loaded car so I bought it even with stuff I didn't care for. It was getting to be spring and even if I could find a dealer to ordered a car for me it wouldn't arrive until after summer.

BlackICE

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I must say when I ordered my car i wanted the MAC because i thought it was great that they chose a high end US electronics company originally based in Binghamton NY and gave it a "60s" look. Though I am not sure where it is made today. But I agree the subwoofer does cramp the interior. Has anyone figured out an optin to remove it and possible replace it with another smaller one elsewhere? (behind or under the seats?)

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Easy, glad you got sorted. Charles is an incredibly helpful person - has done me a few huge GT favours.

Gene, have a search through some threads - Analogdesigner has an unusual solution to replacing the subwoofer. I don't have the subwoofer in mine which I'm happy about, I don't listen to music much in my sports cars either as there's something far more musical happening behind me... :biggrin

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Gene Cassome

You could get the GTX-1 upgrade for $38k; They relocate the SPEAKER!!!

AMB