State Farm Insurance policy holders?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
State Farm 6mo.= $1067.84 Ca. Multiple cars/homes/umbrella/life. No tickets, accidents.
$ 637.46 Mn. Multiple cars/home No tickets, accidents.

emailed my agents, waiting for response.

Response:We haven't heard anything about that, but I'll investigate it and let you know.

1/22- Still nothing.....

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just received my insurance renewal in the mail today and thought I would pass along my information. I have Erie insurance with four cars on the policy, good driving record, and stated value of $175K. $1,030 per year for 2008. Last year was $1,286. I really don't understand why it is going down if there are multiple claims on other GT's but I think this is a steal based on other forum members posts.:banana

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Per earlier post, no increase in Michigan on State Farm Umbrella policies.
My Agent said it varies by state.
AJB

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I have state farm for home, umbrella and all cars except my GT. Was concerned about "full coverage" for a totaled or stolen car . I have hagerty covering the GT for "agreed" value. It would be interesting to know the experience of owners with totaled cars what the insurances paid out.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I was with State Farm for 15 years. Had a minor ding on my car and it was like I was a beggar on the street with the claims dept. I switched to Farmers. Premium is around $500. State farm was about $550. The trick is that the GT is not my priomary vehicle.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Here is the issue... AGREED UPON VALUE.
When Mark crashed he had to fight with his insurance company.
I have been with State Farm and for $180k stated value coverage I paid $1320. Grundy has bound me for $200k AGREED UPON VALUE for $1330. Doooh...

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Just got my State Farm renewal today, $225,000 agreed upon value $544.98/6 months. Same price as last year.

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
I know this post was more about umbrella policies vs insuring the FGT, however when it comes to insurance it is hard to get an apples to apples comparison in the forums. The issue becomes where does one person live vs the other? If you live in the midwest or plains states you will pay drastically less than those in NY, NJ, FL, or high risk states. No matter what the product is (homeowners, auto, etc). I would highly suggest to all FGT owners who insure with their daily carriers (i.e. Allstate, State Farm, etc) to make sure the full value of the car is protected. As most have said in this subject, the AGREED VALUE is key. Feel free to contact us if you want to get a quote on your FGT. As FGT owners ourselves, we will work hard to get you the best rate you can. Any insurance related questions feel free to ask. Ask for Drew @ Classic Auto Insurance, 800-397-0765.