Standard Radio

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
When I had my non-Mac GT 13 years ago, I tracked down a manual for the radio- pdf attached.
That's good info for us base radio guys. Thanks for posting that.

Reactions: centerpunch

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I'm still looking for a base radio. been running the McInt radio without the sub-woofer and upper door tweeters which kinda defeats the purpose. will trade straight up. radio only. not all the ancillary McInt stuff

Emailed you today.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I think I’ve got one too

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I was going to get a different unit until one day right after I got the car in the spring I was on a drive and on the radio they started playing Comfortably Numb. I cranked the volume up to max and the subwoofer vibrated the seat on Gilmour's guitar solo, but the speaker never fluttered or went into overdrive. I think the people who were around me as I drove through the little Colorado village with the windows open were also impressed :)

+1 It's a pretty damn good system.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I just listed some base / standard radios in the classified section.

Also, in addition to the Sanyo manual for the radio I already posted (see post 20 in this thread), I found what looks like the Ford manual for the radio, not sure if it was ever printed, or maybe it's included in the owner's manual for the car? Anyway, here it is.

Attachments

• actual ford gt sanyo radio manual.pdf
    144.2 KB · Views: 11

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
For what it’s worth McIntosh gear is awesome at home and in the car. I never minded the Subwoofer location in the GT. Might be quirky there but definitely unique!

Zefpashko

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2017
Miami, FL
Looking for a used base Sanyo radio or McIntosh if anyone has an extra lying around. Missed the ones posted in Classifieds by one day :(

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Looking for a used base Sanyo radio or McIntosh if anyone has an extra lying around. Missed the ones posted in Classifieds by one day :(
My oem Sanyo radios are gone, but I have a new aftermarket radio if you might consider that.

I bought it to put in my last GT, to replace the Sanyo so I could have Bluetooth etc. But sold the car before I installed it.

It’s a Kenwood radio, the marine version of a popular car radio they sell. The marine version has a silver bezel instead of all black, and I thought the silver bezel would look better in the GT dash. Most car radios look like Atari designed them, I liked the simple look of this one.

It’s nothing fancy, I chose it for the appearance. New, never installed, $100.

Zefpashko

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2017
Miami, FL
My oem Sanyo radios are gone, but I have a new aftermarket radio if you might consider that.

I bought it to put in my last GT, to replace the Sanyo so I could have Bluetooth etc. But sold the car before I installed it.

It’s a Kenwood radio, the marine version of a popular car radio they sell. The marine version has a silver bezel instead of all black, and I thought the silver bezel would look better in the GT dash. Most car radios look like Atari designed them, I liked the simple look of this one.

It’s nothing fancy, I chose it for the appearance. New, never installed, $100.

I have a JVC radio very similar to that one installed now, but looking to get closer to stock. Thanks very much again for the reply!

Reactions: centerpunch