Speedometer and Tach rebuild

ttn27

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2014
It may not be a check engine light? The check engine light is a yellow light with an engine icon. The "Check Gauges" light is red and has been confused with the check engine light frequently. Do you have a yellow check engine light? In answer to you question, a gauge problem will not trigger a check engine light.
It is the yellow check engine light

ttn27

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2014
Check engine or check gauges light? They're different. Check gauges means to look at gauges, something is up. Mine comes on for low fuel. Check engine sets with a code so check codes. I just finished getting a 3800 miler road ready. A ground on drivers side of engine, on frame, down low was loose. Just something to check everybody.
yellow check engine light

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Almost any car parts place will read the code.

Or you can buy a bluetooth OBDII reader from Amazon for about $20 and get a phone app (I use Torque Lite) and it'll tell you lots of other useful things (like progress for the drive cycle tests) and has some real-time logging.

Is the light still on or did it go away after another key cycle?

ttn27

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2014
Almost any car parts place will read the code.

Or you can buy a bluetooth OBDII reader from Amazon for about $20 and get a phone app (I use Torque Lite) and it'll tell you lots of other useful things (like progress for the drive cycle tests) and has some real-time logging.

Is the light still on or did it go away after another key cycle?
I already have a blue tooth OBDII reader that will read all the other cars, but for some reason it did not read the FGT, may be the app did not have a choice specifically for the FGT. Will try to get a better reader and see. The light did not go away with a another key cycle.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
See my note before. Multiple coincident failures usually have a common source. As Rob also counseled, check battery ground and frame connections. Yours won't be the first.