Speedhut boost gauge

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
M2K Motorsports put this in my second GT for the owner before me. I had Rich Brooks put an oem gauge in the car before I sold it.

This fits the dash, but does NOT match the factory gauges. Uses separate transducer, included.

Original cost $180, happy to send it to anyone who could use it- just pay postage.
IMG-0567  1280 wide.jpg
IMG-0568  1280 wide.jpg

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
As I have speed huts in place, happy to take this as a spare.
If someone needs it for a bad gauge, they can have first dibs

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Just to be clear, this looks like it was a single gauge purchased in a custom configuration, font, etc., and uses a separate pressure transducer, and will not operate with the oem boost gauge circuitry.

Not at all clear to me that it would match other folks’ Speedhut gauges.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
A very kind offer.

I had Rich install Speedhut gauges along with a 4.0 Whipple, right before Rally X, and the Speedhut vacuum gauge doesn't read properly (never has). It has always bugged me. I don't recall the reason Rich told me it didn't work right, but I think it is because it was trying to work off of the factory circuitry. I wonder if this is exactly what I have been needing. I would like to throw my hat in the ring for it.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I don't really need one. Give to Dakota GT...

Reactions: DakotaGT

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Ok, I think we’re done here!

DakotaGT it is.

Reactions: jaxgt and DakotaGT

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
DakotaGT: could you report back to see if this solves your issue? I have speedhut gauges as well and the boost gauge seems to jump all over the place. Thanks

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
DakotaGT: could you report back to see if this solves your issue? I have speedhut gauges as well and the boost gauge seems to jump all over the place. Thanks

Yes, although I am in South Dakota, so it will probably be a few months before I am able to get the toys out.

Additionally, although it looks like this gauge will match my others, if I determine that I can't use it for some reason, I will continue to "pay it forward" as centerpunch did, and post it back up to the forum.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Late getting on this thread due to permissions on my account.

The gauge and sensor that Centerpunch put up at the beginning of this thread is exactly what I have in my Speedhut panel. I opted for the boost gauge that reads to 20psi, anticipating installing a higher boost supercharger. The stock gauge only reads to 15. More than 15psi exceeds the gauge module's cability to display, so Speedhut recommended their separate sensor to drive the Speedhut 20psi gauge.

I ran the wires behind the radio, under the center console cover, though a hole I punched in the rubber grommet in the firewall at the rear of the console, and up to the right front top of the engine, where I tapped into a vacuum/boost line. It works great for me.

Reactions: DakotaGT

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Late getting on this thread due to permissions on my account.

The gauge and sensor that Centerpunch put up at the beginning of this thread is exactly what I have in my Speedhut panel. I opted for the boost gauge that reads to 20psi, anticipating installing a higher boost supercharger. The stock gauge only reads to 15. More than 15psi exceeds the gauge module's cability to display, so Speedhut recommended their separate sensor to drive the Speedhut 20psi gauge.

I ran the wires behind the radio, under the center console cover, though a hole I punched in the rubber grommet in the firewall at the rear of the console, and up to the right front top of the engine, where I tapped into a vacuum/boost line. It works great for me.

Thanks. I figured that was probably the best routing path for things, but nice to have it confirmed.