Source for OE parts that will ship?

trackmeister

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2007
Hello GT friends

I am in Canada and looking for a number for replacement parts but the Canadian Ford dealer network is beyond hopeless when it comes to sourcing GT parts. I tried to order parts from my local dealer and was told "These parts must be paid for up front and are non returnable so once i place the order i cannot stop them weather it takes 2 weeks, 2 months or 6 months and we can't give you an ETA!".

Can someone point me in the direction of a more cooperative source to spend money with? If it helps this is my shopping list:

-Windshield
-Front bumper
-Front spoiler
-Passenger side rocker skirt
-Driver side headlight
-Front brake rotors

Before anyone asks, no the car wasn't in an accident but 13 years of use starts to add wear and tear to bits and pieces!

Thanks

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I would point you to Tasca (www.tascaparts.com) but realize that I've found that the shipping costs of the larger items presents only a marginal savings. It's the size that gets to determine the shipping cost. At least in the US I found that shipping larger parts (like your example of front bumper and especially the spoiler) can erase the savings of buying it from the dealer where the shipping cost is absorbed by the depot-to-parts department.

Note the Tasca parts doesn't list many/most Ford GT parts. If you have a part number some times it will show by part number. Otherwise call them. You will have to provide proof of ownership.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northwood GT on here saved my butt with parts. Couldnt have been nicer

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Northwood. Look at his eBay pages.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
AFAIK, paid up front, non-returnable, and current registration required are standard procedure for ordering FGT parts within US as well.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
PS. I have a slightly used splitter, but like I said, shipping will be a killer.

trackmeister

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2007
Thanks for the tips. I don't mind pre-paying for the parts but not when there is no ETA and the lead time could be 6+ months.

What is the best way to contact Northwood? I would rather not having to go through eBay.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Northwood GT on here saved my butt with parts. Couldnt have been nicer
That was not my experience.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks for the tips. I don't mind pre-paying for the parts but not when there is no ETA and the lead time could be 6+ months.

I sent you a pm. I can get you anything you need as well.