Sounds like I got a vibrator in the dash...

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
As strange as it may sound today my car started to make a vibrator type noise from the dash somewhere behind the radio. Has anybody else heard this? Can any of the owners that have put some miles on their cars chime in about weird noises theyve heard in their cars please?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Does it happen when your turn signal is on? I believe I've read/heard that some of us have that. See if that your case.
Regards,
Manny

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
No, but it continues after I shut the car off and dies off like its got a dead battery.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mine just started the same noise. Sounds like a small cooling fan in the dash is hitting something causing a grinding noise. It goes away by itself in about 10 seconds after the key is turned off. It just kind of fades out. Weird. I only hear it AFTER the key is switched off.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Noise

I think the noise you are hearing is the electric fuel pump shutting off after the engine is switched off. You don't usually hear it in most cars with the gas tank in the rear. This is a safety feature.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Here's the explanation of the noise you notice !

abolfaz said:
No, but it continues after I shut the car off and dies off like its got a dead battery.

Buddy,
relax. That is just a servovalve of the airconditioning closing when you stop the car. Sounds like you have a electric short somewhere in the Dash, I would rather describe it. Test this: Before you stop the ignition, have shut off the airconditioning completely good bit before. You will not observe the sound.

Don't worry, it's 'GT' normality. :rofl

Dr. SLF

Last edited:

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I hear it on startup as well. I had a similar sound in one of my porsches years ago, it was an ac sensor that had a little motor in it. No big deal, just annoying.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
abolfaz said:
I hear it on startup as well. I had a similar sound in one of my porsches years ago, it was an ac sensor that had a little motor in it. No big deal, just annoying.

I'm sure it is from the aircon valve... Shut all air off, and see if it still happens. I think not. Bring it to Maroone in Ft.Lauderdale and let them have a look if it irritates you too much, I'd say

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Well, the vibrating noise and some other weird noises from my car seem to have something to do with the evaporator, so much to my chagrin my car has been sitting at the dealer since last week getting the ENTIRE dashboard removed so they can figure out whats going on and replace the faulty evaporator! :frown :frown :frown

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Albofaz, is your GT an 05 or 06?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables

Pipelion

Albofaz,

You've stayed home while your wife's left town.

If you've left home while your wife stayed home, you may have an accual vibrator in the dash. Ask her first. Better to not be embarrassed at the dealership. :frown

Allan

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Lol naw no vibrator in his dash.

Mike your car had the service done today, as well as the muffler install. Tomorrow they will spend the day resolving your ac/dash issue. Were pushing to have you in your car tomorrow, if it all goes well it wont be a problem. Tims not in today, nor will he be in tomorrow, so if you get a chance IM me with your # and Ill call you with an update on it.

Mod

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Pipelion said:
Albofaz,

You've stayed home while your wife's left town.

If you've left home while your wife stayed home, you may have an accual vibrator in the dash. Ask her first. Better to not be embarrassed at the dealership. :frown

Allan

What kind of drugs do I need to take to understand that?

Pipelion

I'm the drug,

Vibrator equals sexual device.

Thread starting with : "My Ford GT has a sexula device lodged in the dash" is just too damn much fun not to jump on, DIG.

Home alone wife gets busy with lawn guy in Ford GT, leaves vibrator in Ford GT.

The above did'nt and wont happen, but sure is funny, :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Allan

Mod friendly got it. :rofl

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
That noise is gone now, the dealer said that it was a door sticking open in the A/C (?) or maybe now with the borla I don't hear it anymore? :biggrin

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
abolfaz said:
That noise is gone now, the dealer said that it was a door sticking open in the A/C (?) or maybe now with the borla I don't hear it anymore? :biggrin
I told you it was in the AC, buddy.... :biggrin

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
See my post under VIBRATION/RATTLE

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
zim32 said:
See my post under VIBRATION/RATTLE

Well, my noise is still there, its just a lot quieter now but I have new noises coming from the passengers side of the car. I'm going to take right side of the car apart tomorrow and see if I can find anything, if not its off to the dealer again on monday. :ack

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
My "noise" seemed to come from the passenger door,at times. It was very difficult to isolate. If after working on your door--it still exists I would recommend you have your mechanic check the tubes I descibed im my last post onder "vibration/rattle".

Good luck!!