So Cal Ford movie get together Nov 16?

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Hello SoCal GT owners. I’ve been trying to arrange a Ford Vs Ferrari movie gathering. Still working on details but thought it might be fun to attend the San Clemente (old Irvine) cars and coffee on Saturday morning Nov 16. After the car show we can caravan to the Laguna Nigel cineopolis movie theatre for the showing. wanted to put it on everyone’s radar and starting to build an interest list.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I'm in, if and only if we can arrange a secure/monitored parking at the Cineopolis for our FGTs.

Reactions: doug5m5

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I’m working on the parking. Have to work thru the management company but looking feasible.

doug5m5

Feb 23, 2017
Newport Beach Ca
I am in if we have a security guard full time at our cars.

360vue

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
were are we at with this event ? is it going to take place ?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Bueller!? Bueller!?

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
sorry guys, its been a bit more of a process getting this organized. The only hangup is security of the cars and necessary insurance. Having to work with the building owner which hasnt been easy.

Reactions: analogdesigner

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
.....sooooooooo, no go!?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
If you guys want to attend our weekly South OC Cars and Coffee please let me know as I can get us reserved parking before the crowds arrive. Last Saturday we had over 800 cars and persons that arrived late had difficulty locating a parking spot. I am one of the photographers at this weekly event so I always arrive early and work closely with the organizer so we can place all of the cars together. Let me know, thanks, Jay, analogdesign@cox.net

https://www.southoccarsandcoffee.com/

Here are some photos that I shot from last week. I hope that this link works:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/SouthOC...=album&album_id=2802266459785833&__tn__=-UC-R

Hello SoCal GT owners. I’ve been trying to arrange a Ford Vs Ferrari movie gathering. Still working on details but thought it might be fun to attend the San Clemente (old Irvine) cars and coffee on Saturday morning Nov 16. After the car show we can caravan to the Laguna Nigel cineopolis movie theatre for the showing. wanted to put it on everyone’s radar and starting to build an interest list.

Last edited:

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
thanks Jay, that would be super.

As for an update on the Cineoplis movie. I've gotten the full runaround between marketing department, legal department, and building owner to the point that we've come full circle. There's a chance that we could have coned off parking stalls waiting for us when we arrive and there is a security patrol person that would help during our time there, but may not be 100% of the time at our cars. I might be able to find someone to sit with the cars while we are in the movie. Would this suffice? Who would still be interested in making this work for this Saturday? Might be able to round up a few Ferrari guys from the C&C too?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I will have seen the movie twice by Saturday (once tomorrow night, once again Friday afternoon), but I might make it to OC Cars & Coffee on Saturday.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
sorry I couldn't pull this event off. I think it would have been fun and cool to do. Maybe next time. hope to connect with all the SoCal GT folks soon.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Thanks for trying.

Someday I would like to get local Ford GT owners to attend our weekly car meet. Let me know when it's the right time. Jay

sorry I couldn't pull this event off. I think it would have been fun and cool to do. Maybe next time. hope to connect with all the SoCal GT folks soon.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Never up, never in. Thank you very much for giving it a shot my friend!