i have the ford racing version of these headers and they simply look the same

including the merge collector

FORD GT REAR EXIT HEADERS

M-9430-GTX*

am i missing something??

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Bman33 said:
How does the collector with the "slip fit" connect with the header? Is it really just a slip fit? clamp system? why couldn't that be a fixed fix?

I'd like pricing on the proposed "extreme kit" :rofl

They tried a 1 piece header and they couldn't get it off the car once completed. I don't see a problem with the slip fit. We use them quite a bit on all the cars we work on and they never leak. They slip on and then there is a tab welded on the collector and one of the primaries. Then a bolt goes through the tab to hold it on.

Ken

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
I have a GT coming in for the same setup Piko has on his GT with the rear exit headers. Ill snap pics of all the parts and the install if I can get a chance and that way we can see both products. Not putting down this setup in anyway, shape or form but just so others on here can see.

Lol Im still just curious as to why they havent made a set of equal lenght headers for the GT. The space is there, its just a matter of time and creativity to make them. But again these and the Ford ones are both great but these have the price just right compared to the ford setup.

Jose

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
CHAD said:
Headers and muffler, which even deletes cats, seems to be worth 5-10 hp. Why bother? Loud gets old real fast, especially if it doesn't make more power, just noise.
Combine exhaust changes (headers, no cats and/or muffler) with an increase in boast and ECU tuning and you get a synergistic increase in power which means that combining these modifications you will get more power then the sum of the individual changes by themselves.

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
saber said:
Combine exhaust changes (headers, no cats and/or muffler) with an increase in boast and ECU tuning and you get a synergistic increase in power which means that combining these modifications you will get more power then the sum of the individual changes by themselves.

And as someone else mentioned there is a significant weight advantage..

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Equal Lenght Headers

Equal Lenght Headers are "OLD SCHOOL". The tight bends required to make them "EQUAL LENGHT" create more flow restriction than the gain in torque etc; etc. Also the torque gain is ONLY at ONE RPM. The "NEW SCHOOL" is to get LESS bends and a BROADER torque range. MORE AREA UNDER THE CURVE!! It is the same for CAMS too!!

AMB

Pipelion

AMB,

Very interesting.

Allan

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I would like to see the mufflers. The type of mufflers can be very important as far as sound and weight are concerned. I personally would like to see the technology of something like Spin Tech uses.

Fords4life351

Permanent Vacation
Mar 22, 2006
Colton, CA
CHAD said:
Headers and muffler, which even deletes cats, seems to be worth 5-10 hp. Why bother? Loud gets old real fast, especially if it doesn't make more power, just noise.

not for a 20 some year old guy :biggrin

valart

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Madrid, SPAIN
piko6 said:
i have the ford racing version of these headers and they simply look the same

including the merge collector

FORD GT REAR EXIT HEADERS

M-9430-GTX*

am i missing something??
Could anyone summarize the pros & cons of:

M-9430-GTX*
SW's
M-9430-GT + M-5230-GT

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Ken

Any updates on the HEADERS ???

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
AMB said:
Any updates on the HEADERS ???

Car will be here Saturday morning for final tuning with the headers.

Ken

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
New pics?? All options done??

Black2003Cobra

Mar 4, 2006
NY
Ken...how did the testing come out? Any updates?

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Any updates? I've an 05 GT I'd like to get the headers, muffler and cats on. Please let me know how it's going. Also I'm in CT and would be interested in hearing one if any member has one close by.
Tom

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Anything?
Tom

boondocksts

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2006
Any word on the exhaust?