Sinovac and Xcentric at duPont Registry Cars and Coffee

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Paul was kind to alert me to this event, which takes place on the 3rd Saturday of every month. We met there today, and, no surprise given that he is a regular on this forum, he is about the nicest guy you could ever hope to meet. And I now have header envy. This event was a great introduction for me to the Florida car culture. The photo with the most cars shows less than half the turnout, with many turned away when the parking area filled. Guys get here at 5 am to secure a parking spot for the 7 am start.

p1752029707-5.jpg

p1623494650-5.jpg

p1646775159-5.jpg

p1668278565-5.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
p1739073680-5.jpg

p1876369562-5.jpg

p1625188711-5.jpg

Attachments

• p1668278565-5.jpg
    p1668278565-5.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
I love the licence plate

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Gary, it was really nice to meet you and your wife. After you get settled in your new home, give me a shout and I will properly welcome you both to the Sunshine State with dinner. There are a few other GT owners around here that I would like to introduce you to.

It's fair that you have header envy, because now I have bumper delete envy. If you pick up a set of headers we can install them at my place. I would be happy to help.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I love the licence plate

I can't imagine how cool it must feel to be the guy who did it. :thumbsup :thumbsup :biggrin

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Gary, it was really nice to meet you and your wife. After you get settled in your new home, give me a shout and I will properly welcome you both to the Sunshine State with dinner. There are a few other GT owners around here that I would like to introduce you to.

It's fair that you have header envy, because now I have bumper delete envy. If you pick up a set of headers we can install them at my place. I would be happy to help.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

Alrighty! It's a deal. :)

We needed a white car there today.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Great pics! Always great to put faces to names.
Guess I'm a bit slow, but what's the significance of the plate??

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Great pics! Always great to put faces to names.
Guess I'm a bit slow, but what's the significance of the plate??

Ed, Mark McGowan drove a confirmation prototype to a certified speed of 211.89 mph on the Nardo Italy test track.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed, Mark McGowan drove a confirmation prototype to a certified speed of 211.89 mph on the Nardo Italy test track.

Ha! That's awesome. 'Point' is where I got lost. Always thought it was a random numerical plate from the VA DMV:facepalm:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ha! That's awesome. 'Point' is where I got lost. Always thought it was a random numerical plate from the VA DMV:facepalm:

Don't feel bad...I admit it's pretty obscure. In fact, Mark may be the only one who got it. haha! Can't get a "." on VA tags.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOtbmV5Adk[/video]

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOtbmV5Adk[/video]

OMG, that's an awesome video!!!! It is way cool that the history of the car was documented this way.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Mark and Denis look exactly the same today. :)

The question in my mind is....did those cars have pulley and tune? hehe.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I had my car to nearly 170 mph the day after I bought it new in 2006 and the lack of any drama at that speed was startling. I had been in fast cars before, but they all acted like they wanted to kill you at speeds above 140ish.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yes. Redline in 4th at Rally 7. No drama.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
... Can't get a "." on VA tags.

With the right color sticky paper, and a cork borer or hole punch, "."s are easy -

View attachment 29553

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yeah, great idea Ralphie. That would have worked for me.

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
It's a shame I didn't make it. I had my white one there 3/16 and saw SinoVac's car but never got to meet up with him. Maybe next month.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Andy,

I didn't know the owner of the white car was a member here. Cool. Maybe you, Gary, me and some of the other local GT owners can get together for breakfast next month after Cars and Coffee. Beach-could you make it next month? Another local member (GT35065) has a beautiful red no stripe, but he is goofing off in Minnesota for the summer.

Paul

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ralphie,

Is the "GT" on your license plate surround off a Mustang? It looks very nice.