Single post storage lift advice needed

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
I have searched the forum and found some good info on a 4 post lift but not too much on a single post. I have a 4 post lift already but need to get another lift for my 2020 GT that is on its way! My insurance company is requiring me to have a lift for both my GTs as I live near the coast in Florida. My issue is that I have a hip roof on my garage and cannot raise the ceiling over the stall where the new one will be stored. My insurance co insists that I store it on a lift in order to bind coverage. I don't plan on putting it up in the air all of the time but only if and when necessary and to satisfy their request. Therefore, I am looking for a space saver that I can roll out of the way when not in use but of course I need to feel confident that I won't wake up to a horrific crashing sound in the middle of the night only to find a two GT flattening event! Running out of time-HELP!! Thank you.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I can't help with your lift question ... but CONGRATS! (y) :cool: 🎉 Looking forward to seeing what you got!

How many feet does it have to be lifted?

Boy the picture in my head of a GT crushing another on GT is UGLY!! :cry: o_O

I assume you're house is around 20+/- feet above sea level, so you could tell your insurance co that if a storm comes you'll just transport it 1.5 hrs north to Gainesville and park it in extrap's garage which is 94 feet above sea level 🙂

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Maybe this will work. Remove and store it when not needed.

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Looks like you have to unbolt it from the floor to move it. I would like something a little easier to deploy and remove. Thank you for the suggestion though. Does anyone have a NFGT on a 2 post lift? Not sure how far the doors come away and if there is enough clearance to get in and out with a two poster.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Researched single posts a few years ago. Thought these were nice.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ken, have you checked with other insurance co's? This is the first I've read anybody having this issue. And I couldn't tell by your post but if you have enough room for the car without lift, well even if another insurance co is higher, you could pay it with the savings from not buying the lift. Don't think you really need to have all vehicles insured by the same co; I know there's usually a savings, but 🤷‍♂️

Also, seems like a single post lift might require a foundation modification 😲 ... not quick.

ed.life

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2012
Victoria B.C. Canada
Hi Ken, I have a single point lift that is bolted to the floor. Works great - inexpensive, clearance underneath is about 6'1". It was from California. BTW Costco has a floor lift kit that will lift your car about 2" off the ground which may satisfy your insurance company. It is also a roll away. You might be able to tell from my pic that my Mustang 350 is up on that single point lift.

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
I heard from my insurance company today and they are going to bind coverage. They will accept a 24" lift so I will be looking at some of those low profile scissors lifts. Has anyone put a NFGT on one of those? I searched for the jack points but could only find info on the 05-06's.

Reactions: extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ken - I can't help with your lift question, but that's great news on the insurance! 🍻 (y)

tgilbert

GT Owner
Feb 25, 2012
Tampa
Ken I live in Tampa and I count a single post lift from American Custom Lifts in San Diego. American steel and American made. I love mine, your welcome to have a look at mine.