Single post lift install with the Ford GT...

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
Finally got it installed, really happy with the build quality and install. The lift is a monster, weighs almost 4,000 pounds yet takes up minimal space. It's awesome to be able to walk around the cars without running into poles, etc.

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/single-post-car-lift-review

video along with time-lapse video of the install:

[video=youtube;pSipvbTrFdc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSipvbTrFdc[/video]

[video=youtube;FCOjN84Ezw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCOjN84Ezw0[/video]

american-custom-lift-m1-45-012-ford-gt-gallardo.jpg

american-custom-lift-m1-45-013-ford-gt-gallardo.jpg

american-custom-lift-m1-45-008.jpg

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Nice lift and nice cars!!

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Agree +1

JKR

GT Owner
The lift looks great!!
I'm installing a 6.5 in my new home within the next weeks
Since my house is new construction I did something different. I did a depression on the slab to accommodate the lift footing so that it is recessed and the the car under does not have to drive over it. Will post pics once installed

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
that's going to be awesome, I've seen some pics of others doing that as well, looking forward to the pics...

The lift looks great!!
I'm installing a 6.5 in my new home within the next weeks
Since my house is new construction I did something different. I did a depression on the slab to accommodate the lift footing so that it is recessed and the the car under does not have to drive over it. Will post pics once installed

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
That Looks Great!

ttn27

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2014
Finally got it installed, really happy with the build quality and install. The lift is a monster, weighs almost 4,000 pounds yet takes up minimal space. It's awesome to be able to walk around the cars without running into poles, etc.

Very nice setup. Did you install 2.of these lifts? So this cost 2x the price of a 4 post lift? I went with two BendPak 4 post lifts because I didn't want to put bolts in the garage floor and I am not sure if there is a local installer that can install a single post lift like yours. However, really like the non clutter look of the single post lift though. Love the cars also (I am little bias since have the same color STS and a Heritage) :)

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Beautiful, Great use of space.. I personally have 3 4 post lifts and they do take up a lot of space. I like your look.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
I have a Rotary revolution 4 post on the other side of my garage. The one post company American Custom Lifts only has their known installers install the lift so i was pretty comfortable with them, the have 2,500 on these installed and the my installers had personally installed over 50 of them in the local area.

nice cars! any pics of the STS and FGT?

Very nice setup. Did you install 2.of these lifts? So this cost 2x the price of a 4 post lift? I went with two BendPak 4 post lifts because I didn't want to put bolts in the garage floor and I am not sure if there is a local installer that can install a single post lift like yours. However, really like the non clutter look of the single post lift though. Love the cars also (I am little bias since have the same color STS and a Heritage) :)

ttn27

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2014
I have a Rotary revolution 4 post on the other side of my garage. The one post company American Custom Lifts only has their known installers install the lift so i was pretty comfortable with them, the have 2,500 on these installed and the my installers had personally installed over 50 of them in the local area.

nice cars! any pics of the STS and FGT?

My STS (at COTA) and the Heritage:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 469
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 454
Last edited: