short throw shifter available 8/16/06

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
For anyone interested, Ford Engineering just confirmed to me that the shifter that was scheduled to be available in 2007 (if ever) will be ready 8/16/06. I have placed an order for one and will advise. The Ford tranny cooler arrived today.

Derry

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I got my Ford Racing short throw shifter through Muscle Motors and they installed it last week. They have already shipped some evidently.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Does it feel much different

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I have a Kirban short through in a C5 corvette that I really like. Very tight and precise feel with no side to side 'slop' at all. What is the Ford short through like in that respect? Thanks.

Derry

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Supposedly, 25% shorter throw.

I have it and a trans. cooler in transit.

- doc

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
eshrink said:
I have it and a trans. cooler in transit.

- doc

Exact same here...

Ford Racing Shifter.....

Gerry - We have already sold many of those shifters and installed them. If you are interested in ordering one from us please let us know!

M-7210-GT.jpg

Jack @ MMP Sales

Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.

jack@musclemotors.com

http://www.musclemotors.com

(818)888-7778

"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Short Shifter

Derry said:
For anyone interested, Ford Engineering just confirmed to me that the shifter that was scheduled to be available in 2007 (if ever) will be ready 8/16/06. I have placed an order for one and will advise. The Ford tranny cooler arrived today.

Derry

I agree the GT would benefit from a short shifter. How is it that owners and vendors report already having installed something that your sources indicate will be shipped in two months? Has Ford Engineering re-designed the part or are the others installing something different?

We have a direct link to what is in stock at Ford Racing and although these shifters are always on b/o that doesn't mean they have not produced them and shipped them out already. We have sold around 5 of them and installed our first one recently. Not that simple of an install though.

I will try and get a link for the shifter install for you guys.

Jack @ MMP Sales

jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

GRTG4CE

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Would you have access to another short throw shifter ? And could i purchase or order one for my 05 ?

GRTG4CE

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Would you have access to another short throw shifter ? And could I purchase or order one for my 05 ?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I like it!

I finally installed my short-throw shifter today (25% less throw). I also used my low-profile shifter ball (15% less throw) www.gtsaver.com. I really like the feel of this, as it's almost half (about 63%) of the distance compared to the stock setup. The gear shift changes are quick and "clean." Sometimes I used to get a little bit of "gear clunk" when going into second, which is now gone. Now that the time constants are shorter between shifts, it seems to make my transmission much happier! :thumbsup This is a highly recommended setup. Installing the low-profile shift ball is easy, just a few minutes, however, the short-throw shifter takes considerable time and patience.

Short%20throw%20shifter%20closeup%20small.jpg

Short%20throw%20shifter%20passengers%20view%20small.jpg

MPEG video to come soon! Available NOW --> http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/da8b42df-e49f-407d-973b-91727e2821ae.htm

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey, Analog, your radio is missing! So you feel a combination of the short throw and your shifter is a great combo? Please quit making improvements and finish the nuclear reactor light.

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
There was a thread that began back in March about the vendor pulling the shifter back for more engineering and speculation that we might never see it. It seemed it was always listed on back order. We do alot of business with Ford so I tried to get more info. I am a bit confused as I was told it was way ahead of schedule and will be ready in August. Now it seems they have been available. I will try and have a more in depth conversation with Engineering. Unless there is some kind of update to the design I am at a loss to explain.

Derry

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
It is a bit confusing to me as well. My parts come directly from Ford Racing. Everything was immediately shipped and received, but the shifter was (still) back ordered. Rather a mystery.

- doc

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Seven month wait!

Guys,

I have had this short-throw shifter on order since November! Seven months for that was longer than the wait for the car!

I am sending the radio head in for repair, since the AM/FM section quit working in January.

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

what?

analogdesigner - If you had it on order since November and just received it somebody was hosing you. We have ordered them in the past from Ford Racing and and already received them within weeks of ordering them. We currently have a new batch of them on order that has an estimated ship date to us on 7/15/06 from Ford Racing!
Jack @ MMP Sales

jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

Last edited:
of course you can...

GRTG4CE - Nice talking to you earlier. We have them currently on order and will contact you when they are in to ship!

Jack @ MMP Sales
jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

GRTG4CE

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Hello Jack,
It was great to visit with you this morning. Lets go ahead and order the shifter and when you get a chance please give me a call . Thanks Again

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
It works good anyway...

Yeah,

The parts guy at the dealership had quit without my knowledge, so my parts just sat on the counter until someone decided to figure out who ordered them...

This is the story of my life...

At least I have a low-profile shifter ball to complement it! :biggrin

MMP Inc. said:
analogdesigner - If you had it on order since November and just received it somebody was hosing you. We have ordered them in the past from Ford Racing and and already received them within weeks of ordering them. We currently have a new batch of them on order that has an estimated ship date to us on 7/15/06 from Ford Racing!
Jack @ MMP Sales

jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778