Shelby's Horn Button Fix

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
I had the opportunity to see the before and after of a forum member's (Paced) horn button repair Shelby recently did and all I can say is WOW!! It is absoultely perfect!! I have had my air bag replaced 3 times under warranty (which is long expired) and have started seeing delamination again. I want to be the first on the list to have Shelby's guys repair horn buttons at the rally in New Orleans!! Can this service go mobile?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Dont think it can be mobile. Takes several special tools and a paint both. Thank you for the kind words though. We are very happy with the fix we have developed.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
So much for the easy solution for me! Will have to send airbag to Arkansas when it gets a little worse>

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
So much for the easy solution for me! Will have to send airbag to Arkansas when it gets a little worse>
It will be worth it. Turn around time is LESS than 1 week.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Got mine back Saturday and had it installed in ten minutes, looks great!
I will warn you that the little plastic covers on the steering column are quite fragile, one had its clips broken so I had to rig a way for it to stay with some putty holding it in...

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Got mine back Saturday and had it installed in ten minutes, looks great!
I will warn you that the little plastic covers on the steering column are quite fragile, one had its clips broken so I had to rig a way for it to stay with some putty holding it in...

Those are pretty inexpensive from ford I believe if you broke it and need to replace. I will try to dig up a part number for you....

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Mine was replaced under warranty and is still looking good, but when it starts will send mine in to you Shelby.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I will warn you that the little plastic covers on the steering column are quite fragile, one had its clips broken....
I think Torrie stocks them.