Shelby GT 500

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
I'm not so sure. When the 08's hit the ground and the dealers are tired of paying flooring, they will deal. Look at the ebay sales...or lack therof...MANY not meeting the reserve of 5-10k over. A large dealer here in Socal,told me he turned doen 500k over msrp for the first KR...please.

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Many dealers not interested in actually selling the cars. They would rather leave them sit in the showroom for the $300/month the flooring costs to use as advertising. I am sure at some point in time that msrp will be common. Right now, 5k over is not commonplace and msrp is extremely rare. More common on verts as they do not bring so much markup. Some cars are still actively selling for 10k over.

I have seen KR's for sale at around $125k. Only 5 have been awarded to dealers so far. 50 more will be allocated on August 10th based on a lottery of dealers that have met their F-series sales goals.

Obviously, I would rather have bought a GT but there is just no way I could afford that much of a car. To all those here that are owner's, you are very fortunate.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Shelby 500 2008 & KR's

At the Detroit meeting last month there were 4 waves back to back meeting and 5 KR's were drawn on a lottery basis at each meeting = 20 vehicles. Ford has not decided as to how the distribution on KR's will be made except that the top 100 dealers selling the most 2006 mustangs will probabily get 1 KR. It was originally stated that presidents club award dealers would get one but thats still being discussed.
Allocation of 2008 Shelby 500's have just been announced in letter form to all dealers. I'm a small dealer and for 2007 I received 3, my allocation for 2008 is 1. I am thinking a fewer number of 2008 will be built wirh the large portion of them going to largr volume dealers. Note: 2008 Shelby GT's built in Vegas are being built soon and dealers still have 2007 Shelby GT's in stock (these can be purchased easily) and are not taking 2008 Shelby GT's at this time. My allocation for 2008 Shelby GT's is NONE but I placed 1 order for a coupe and one for a Conv. yesterday (with no allocation) and looks like I'm going to get both. 2008 is only offered in one color (Dk Blue with silver stripe). Pictures in Auto Week June 18. Thats my 2 cents for nothing. Tomy Hamon

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
sent you a pm

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
like I saidi..wait them out...just got offered a 07 black/silver Shelby GT500 loaded for 7k over invoice from Sunsrise Ford...looking at it tomorrow

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
A dealer would have to offer me a 07 for VERY close to sticker to make me change from my ordered 08 for 5k over. Good Luck with the shopping.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I heard that there is some suspension and software tweaks in the 08. Don't buy an 07. Even better you could wait for the redesign in 09. We will probably see it in March at the NYIAS.

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
There were some changes made to suspension on Job 2 07 built cars. I have not heard anything about any changes on 08 suspension. I have heard that the 08' will have a different dampner and some have claimed different crank and rod package.

If there is a new car for 09' there will be no Shelby. If the body is run for another year, expect to see 09' GT500's. This has been hotly contested. Some claim the new body will be pushed off until 2010 and some claim it is going to be 09'. Time to get the crystal ball out I guess.

The 08' only has a few items that were not available on the 07'. Most noteable of those is the HID headlamps. Interior ambient lighting also seems to be popular. Some folks want the 07' because it is the 40th anniversary of the GT500.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Another call minutes ago...from another SoCal dealer with three Shelby Gt's in stock...2,500 under MSRP...this is getting intertesting. Reminds me of what was going on with the GT's a few months ago. Now I'm in a dilema wait for the 08?.....

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
and one more thing just for the record...there are over 100 ShelbyGt's and 500's for sale the past weeks on ebay...NOT ONE has sold for 48k or above...peoiple are getting wise and tired of paying these crrazy over sticker numbers for these cars...

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Another call minutes ago...from another SoCal dealer with three Shelby Gt's in stock...2,500 under MSRP...this is getting intertesting. Reminds me of what was going on with the GT's a few months ago. Now I'm in a dilema wait for the 08?.....[/QUOTE

Many/most dealers selling Shelby GT's for less than sticker. Not so with GT500's. Still difficult to find 5k over and near impossible to find msrp. 08's are being delivered now and most dealers are looking for at least 10k over for a 08 order and some want 15k. If you wait another month or so you may be able to get a really good deal on a 07. I guess it just depends on if you want a year old car or not and what color/options they have at the time. Good luck.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Sorry, not true here. SM Ford has a blue/white, and a black.white and they are dealing. 7K over or better

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
bought my wife an 07 gt500 for $2500. over sticker last week.:thumbsup

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yesterday a friend got an 07 for $2000 over, car is in NJ, he is taking the train down to get it tomorrow (we are in MA). He has been DIGGING HARD for about 2 months now (60+ auctios watched on ebay, calling at least 1 dealer every day....etc), and the lowest he could find locally was +$5k. I think one of the reasons keeping the 07's up, is the 0% that is still available. For cash flow reasons he wanted not pay cash so, it was less expensive to pay 2k over with 0% than an 08, with interest. Acording to Stangs unleashed there are only something like 600 unsold units left out of 10.6k (as of 8-28), and of course some of these will never be sold, or being sent to shelby for super snake etc....

PNicholson

Sorry, not true here. SM Ford has a blue/white, and a black.white and they are dealing. 7K over or better

They also have a Vista Blue convertable on the showroom floor. If I remember right, the ADM on that one was $15k.

Should be interesting to see what happens with the '08's I have 2 on order for customers right now.