SHELBY BOOK new in April '07

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
A NEW BOOK ON SHELBY

entitled SHELBY The Man. The Cars. The Legend
it is a modest one, 208 pages, with 16 pages of that pictures, and the rest
76,000 words, softbound. List price: $19.95 (orderable on Amazon already at a discount even though it hasn't been published yet)

It started out with my desire to re-edit my old book, Shelby's Wildlife: the Cobras and the Mustangs, a book I wrote in 1977, which was in print for 17 years and long since out of print but I ended up writing an all new book which attempts to bring the world up to date on all matters Shelby (difficult when he seems to enter into new business ventures with the speed of light).

There is at least one chapter on the Ford GT40s of the Sixties (may be split into two chapters) , several chapters on the Cobras, a Trans-Am chapter, mention of the new Ford GT, and two chapters alone on Shelby's career as a race driver when he was a champion in Ferraris and Maseratis. In tone, I would be happy if it emulates the tone of the fine article on Shelby's life that was in all places Vanity Fair magazine , July '06 issue. In other words, I am seeking to provide an entertaining read, with all the tech facts --like tire sizes and such--left to the techies doing those 5 lb. coffee table tomes.

ISBN number is 1583881824 and latest promise of pub date from the publishers, Iconografix, is April 27, 2006. You can see the cover by typing the title or my name into Amazon.com search engine.

There is still an opportunity to submit artwork to this or a planned follow up on the same subject, preferably something shot before 1970, on any Shelby American car , race featuring their cars, shots of Shelby, etc. Don't send the actual photo just yet, just describe it and we can go from there. Thanks, guys
Wallace Wyss Photojournalistpro@hotmail.com

PS the privately produced title Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT is still being
refined artwise though it is 99.99% done. Awaiting page proofs before we give the green light for presses to roll. That one has 224 pg. 32 pg. color, hardbound, $59.95. At this juncture it won't be available from the big distributors (who didn't bother to answer our letters)

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Take a look at the 1997 SAAC registry p.1318-1319 for a book review. It might save you some money.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Wallace, you bad mouth Shelby in your own thread that you start, get chased away and now your back again. At the least buy a banner ad, I doubt anyone on this board will be buying your book. But I for one would like to see you banned.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I hate to admit it but I have three of Wally's books in my collection. I would have to agree with the SAAC analogy that they are only good for kindling. It's only about the money for you Wally, not fact, truth and accuracy. I won't waste anymore money on your chicken pooooooop. :thumbsdow