Service Advice in Tampa, FL area

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
I am a new and proud owner of a Ford GT and need help regarding care and upkeep. Can anyone recommend a quality and knowledgeable Ford Dealer or specialty service place for the GT in or near Tampa?

ksbenz

Feb 21, 2010
I heard that the Ford dealer in Wesley Chapel was very knowledgeable.Think I read it on here somewhere although I have not used them for mine.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
GZL, we have a sticky here with a list of respected service dealers.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Frank -

That sticky in the GT Owners section. These new owners need to get their status changed by DBK before they can see it.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
I use Jason Heffner of Heffner Performance, one of this Forums sponsors and he and his crew have maintained mine and many others for ever and do fantastic work!. He is absolutely the BEST in the area, certainly one of a very small handful of qualified experts who I would allow work on my car and he and his team maintain several of our B.O.D.s car's, too (ChipBeck, DBK, etc.). Have you seen the "MILE" posts of the FGT record-breaking speed runs? Jason's shop is right off route 301 in the Northgate Industrial complex, Independence Court in Sarasota, Florida. His details are on the Forum web site. Call Jason on 941-359-0900. Tell him I sent you!

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Thanks alot for the info guys..

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
I can vouch for Jason as well - he has done some super work on my car. I also use my local Ford dealer - Sarasota Ford - they have a very good GT certified tech and when the work is warranty related the dealer is the best place to go. The service writer is very attentive and understands our special needs - Bill Godfrey. He and Rick (the tech) have really tried hard to meet my needs.

I was surprised that when it came time for new tires, Bill let me order from TireRack and installed them saving me about $700 over what the dealer price was!

Hope to see you around the 'hood.

Andy