SEMA show-plate flipper anyone?

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
I was at the 2008 Sema show and there is a booth with the plate flipper.
I picked one up but I haven't decided to either put it on the Tacoma or the GT. Has anyone tried this idea yet?http://www.plateflipper.com/onlinestore.html

Also I thinking of having a switch in the car to kill the rear tail lights ,just in case I need to exit or maybe leave the area reallllllllllllllllllll fast.

Billy

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Might be handy for speed cameras and red light cameras but I'm sure it's very illegal in most states.

I'll just not comment on the taillight idea. If you can't pay the fine, don't cross the line. (Oops, I guess I just commented.:lol)

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
IMO these have really bad karma and absoutely no redeeming purpose. :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You know, back in my reckless high school days I heard about this guy that knew a guy that had a really good friend that had a switch under the dash that would shut off all rear lighting on his car, including the brake lights. :wink

I can't imagine why he would need such a device...

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Dude~~~~

You know, back in my reckless high school days I heard about this guy that knew a guy that had a really good friend that had a switch under the dash that would shut off all rear lighting on his car, including the brake lights. :wink

Dude...I,am looking for the same guy that knew that guy because
you never know when you have that same guy in the passenger seat and he shoots the moon at some big dudes and you need to get out of there fast!
Thanks for the lead......:)

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Chris,

I think I knew that same guy, when he had that set up on one of his motorcycles.:willy

Something about grabbing a hand full of throttle when the red lights came on while in "The City" one night during the late 60's.:biggrin

I herd there was mug shot involved.:eek

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

Really........... did you need one for a model T:rofl

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
For the same reason there is no tag in front is reason enough to twin the rear. For show purpose, I would consider one but definitely not for evasion of Texas DPS who in less than 48 hrs could sniff out any local GT in Texas.

Hell, till 2 days ago I was still running on Shelby's paper tag from November. Actually it disapeared 2,000 mi back. Coated exhaust looks good without a tag in the way. :biggrin