San Diego Tuner

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Do any of you have a recommendation for a tuner in San Diego for a smaller pulley? My warranty is almost up so it is time for an upgrade:thumbsup, but I'm not sure who to take it to. I some reservations about the obvious choice.

Craig

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MUSCLE MOTORS has done great work as has Kendal who does business as CoolTech.
Both forum sponsors who know their stuff. I would not go elsewhere. In fact ChrisA shipped his car to SHADOWMAN and got the royal treatment. Can't say enough about the three shops.

H

HHGT

I'll bet if you get it to Kendall's early enough you could drive it home the same day. If not, he knows of a local guy that could trailer it for you. If you're in the neighborhood, send me a pm and we could have lunch and allow you to stretch your legs - I'm half way to Kendall's from San Diego.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
JBA tunes the Ford GT !!! He was trained by "Jerry W" of SCT !!! Jerry W tuned my Ford GT & 03 Mustang Cobra there.:thumbsup

myheritage

GT Owner
Sep 6, 2006
San Diego, CA
About a year ago Jay Bittle started the GT project. I had them on my car in Newport Beach last summer. My car had the mid-range headers, cats and stock muffler. On the first dyno my car was stock and made 485hp and 489tq at 12.1 PSI. We used that as the baseline. Jay's guys built a really cool muffler and with the headers, cats, tune, and new muffler, the car produced.... are you ready?...592 hp and 566tq at about the 6000 rpm range, the dyno wouldn't go any faster! Since then I've added a 2.9" pulley on my stock supercharger and now the car has... are you ready?... 621hp and 603tq !!! We're talking rear-wheel hp and tq which is all documented.

Jay's raced Fords for many years, and builds thousands of headers each year for racers and street cars. I went there 'cause he has a reputation for building performance and my numbers prove it. Check out the JBA site and there are youtube audio/video clips of my car. On the right side of the home page there's a Ford GT Heritage... click on it and the info is there. www.jbaheaders.com
Keep the Greasy Side Down!

:thumbsup