Saleen chip

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Has anyone heard of Saleen coming out with a chip for the GT which improves the hp curve? I've called Saleen in Troy and was transferred to "Michael" who is in charge of the GT program but he never got back to me. Is it just a rumor? damn it!

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
You want a custom tune. Everyones car is different. Best to have a SCT programmer or Dialbo installed to your car with a dyno tune. No 2 cars are a like.

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
centerpunch said:
????

In what way are they not alike?

There are always going to be small differences from car to car. Just remember, every component has manufacturing tolerances, add up all those tolerances along the way and you can wind up with 2 cars that seem exactly the same be very different.

I see you are in Cincinnati, we just tuned our first GT and it went very well. I think it would be in your best interest to come here for a dyno tune.

Ken

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
centerpunch said:
????

In what way are they not alike?

1. Different Gas needs different tune.
2. Some cars leave rich, some run a little lean. If you put 10 GT's on a dyno you will get 10 different #'s.
3. I would not want some guy in Ohio who has 93 octane giving me a tune for a car in CA that runs on 91 octane and lives at a higher elevation.

Not to say it wont run on the chip. But I dont want my $170K car running on a general tune for all. Better to spend a few more bucks and get one that is exact to your car.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
canibl said:
Has anyone heard of Saleen coming out with a chip for the GT which improves the hp curve? I've called Saleen in Troy and was transferred to "Michael" who is in charge of the GT program but he never got back to me. Is it just a rumor? damn it!

Most decent tuners can tune the car better than the chip, as Davefordgt has also said.

But don't expect unrealistic hp gains from a reflash/tune.