Rotor Cleaning

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
What are you using to clean your rotors?

- doc

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
A great road with a lot of "s" curves causing me to brake on the entry points........ :biggrin

What do you mean by cleaning the rotors? I'm very aprehensive about putting anything on the surface itself.... Regarding the spindle etc... just getting in there with a smaller stiff brush worked

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
break cleaner will work just fine. Just spray on watch all the dirt fall to ground....

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
0000 steel wool works fine and is minimally abrasive. However, I assumed that others had found better means of removing oxidation.

Problem arises (down here) when I wash the car after a drive. Moisture on the rotors turns to surface oxidation and looks remarkably horrible.

"Break cleaner"? Brake cleaner?

- doc

Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Doc, same problem in North Carolina... After the car is cleaned I just take it for a 1-2 mile spin..... Oxidation or surface rust disappears :cheers

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
The "hats" on my car are rusting.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Stetson or Resistol? :lol

mbgt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
the center / hub of my rotors are rusting and the dealer informed me today that it is normal. Anyone have a fix?
I believe aboflaz is having the same issue.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think you want to use the term oxidizing. Rusting implies penetration. Ask Bony, he knows all about penetration.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
mbgt said:
the center / hub of my rotors are rusting and the dealer informed me today that it is normal. Anyone have a fix?
I believe aboflaz is having the same issue.

Same thing here, it looks like $HIT!