Rookie question regarding GT Parts

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
So, suppose I wanted to browse new old stock parts for the GT from Ford's parts inventory. Is there a way I can actually see whether a part is generally available in real time without having to contact a particular dealer? I've been to ford's site, but availability of any particular part seems a bit hard to figure out...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005

Thanks! I've been cruising that site, but I can never tell whether the parts are actually available. For example, I was curious about availability of a complete GT engine assembly, but there is no indication of inventory or location...it does, however, give a price. Gasp.

Maybe that's just the way it is?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks! I've been cruising that site, but I can never tell whether the parts are actually available. For example, I was curious about availability of a complete GT engine assembly, but there is no indication of inventory or location...it does, however, give a price. Gasp.

Maybe that's just the way it is?

I'm sure the site lists inventory. Try searching for something that ought to be in stock. I know I found something. You might have to begin the order process (add it to cart but don't pay). I found I could get the parts from the dealer cheaper.

USA GT - STAN WHITE

FORD
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 13, 2007
Gardnerville, Nevada
I have a 2006 Ford GT Engine, still in shipping container. I paid 43K for it and will sell for 32K.
Above the cost of the engine from Ford there is also a 8,500 core charge.
Stan
(775) 265-5333

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
w.mitty- we have direct access to Ford inventory. anything you need to know, just PM me.
scott

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Thanks Scott!