Road America

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Look forward to chatting with you John & all the other GT guys. Dr. Frank & I will be up there early Saturday morning. Grant.

GT844

Apr 1, 2007
Oconomowoc, WI
road america

I'm signed up for Fridays track touring. GT844 Dennis 262-490-5544 Call if you will have a Gt there.

gt40man

GT owner
Aug 27, 2007
i will be there

i will drive up a blue no stripe ford gt on saturday only. it has run the track twice but wont be track ready for exhibition class this weekend.

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
Black no stripe on Saturday

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I'm signed up for Fridays track touring. GT844 Dennis 262-490-5544 Call if you will have a Gt there.

Dennis - get DBK to change your status to owner, and send in a little $$ to support the Forum too.

leo

Aug 26, 2006
Motor City
Hey guys just a note we will be supporting the Ford Racing display for the Elkhart event and wanted to invite every to sign up for the Ford Racing track rides. We will offer rides in the Ford Racing Performance parts Ford GT with all there aftermarket upgrades, also the FR500S Mustang Challenge Media car, and the FRPP/Capaldi Racing NASA AI Mustang. They will all be set up with a passenger seat for rides. Stop by and check them out and say hi.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
An update. The original 1967 LeMans winning GT40 Mark IV will be up at Road America. :thumbsup

Dr. Frank will be in heaven, RED WITH WHITE STRIPES was the fastest in 1967!

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
1966 Winner # 2 Ford GT MKII also listed to be there.

AJK

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
1966 Winner # 2 Ford GT MKII also listed to be there.

AJK

From a buddy's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30411913&id=1514921497

Edited to add the pic since you can't see it unless you're logged into facebook.

Attachments

• 1966 Winner.jpg
    1966 Winner.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Pro - great pic! The original tuxedo edition FGT!

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Pro - great pic! The original tuxedo edition FGT!

Unfortunately #2 didn't get to make its exhibition laps on Sunday because it ran out of gas. It was to lead the pack. Here is a picture of it as it stalled just before going onto the track. :frown

AJK

27x3udx.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I will post a full report with pictures later, but I was sorely disappointed in the treatment of GT owners.

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
I was sorely disappointed in the treatment of GT owners.

I'm sure there was no malice intended. I have felt that way as a competitor sometimes as well, but have come to realize that managing the KIC is truely a logistical nightmare. With all the race entries, drivers, crew, transporters, vendors, sponsors, fans, corner workers, safety trucks, ambulances, staff etc... they honestly try to do their best but just cant please everybody all the time.

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
I will post a full report with pictures later, but I was sorely disappointed in the treatment of GT owners.

I also have pictures to post, and agree with the disappointment.

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
I also have pictures to post, and agree with the disappointment.

What happened?

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
Road America, Kohler International Challenge

My GT was entered in both group 11 (special group for GT40's) and Group 10 (Le Mans prototypes, GTP cars, Corvette C6R's, Modern Trans-Am, IMSA...). Group 11 turned out to be a bit of a disapointment as it turned into a pace-car led touring group for the Post-Historic cars, meaning Ford GT's. Group 10 was also not really a good fit for the GT as it included much faster cars like Audi R8 Le Mans Prototypes. None the less I ran it for a few sessions in group 10 anyways. Actually passed modern Mustang Trans-Am car and Porsche RSR.

We brought brought both the GT and Mclaren into Elkhart Lake Friday night for the Race Car concourse. The race cars are lined up and driven into town to what is in effect a huge party. It was a lot of fun. The GT fit right into that group. The Mclaren actually won a Road & Track award.

The Mclaren M8F was entered in Group 7. Won the Saturday qualifying race but broke an input shaft during the first lap of the Sunday race.

Below are a couple pics of the cars and a link to some in-car video from the Mclaren.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNh8LMShyE

Attachments

• Ford GT.JPG
    Ford GT.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Ford GT 2.JPG
    Ford GT 2.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Ford GT 3.JPG
    Ford GT 3.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Mclaren.JPG
    Mclaren.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 150

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Very poor organization for GT owners. I spoke with the track PR people on 6 occasions befrehand and was told special parking and parade laps for GTs only. Special parking was in the Mustang Corral with the SuperPerformance trailer and cars. I talked my way into parking at the Road&Track corral. Touring laps were with about 150 other cars on the track of all vintages. I searched for hours to meet AJ Baime and get an autographed book. Finally got lucky late in the afternoon. The Concours had GT owners all over the place, and despite the GT being the honored car this car, 3 Ferraris won the trophies, one a 2009 model. I was not impressed and would not go back for the money I had to pay.

andy6789

Oct 7, 2008
My GT was entered in both group 11 (special group for GT40's) and Group 10 (Le Mans prototypes, GTP cars, Corvette C6R's, Modern Trans-Am, IMSA...). Group 11 turned out to be a bit of a disapointment as it turned into a pace-car led touring group for the Post-Historic cars, meaning Ford GT's. Group 10 was also not really a good fit for the GT as it included much faster cars like Audi R8 Le Mans Prototypes. None the less I ran it for a few sessions in group 10 anyways. Actually passed modern Mustang Trans-Am car and Porsche RSR.

We brought brought both the GT and Mclaren into Elkhart Lake Friday night for the Race Car concourse. The race cars are lined up and driven into town to what is in effect a huge party. It was a lot of fun. The GT fit right into that group. The Mclaren actually won a Road & Track award.

The Mclaren M8F was entered in Group 7. Won the Saturday qualifying race but broke an input shaft during the first lap of the Sunday race.

Below are a couple pics of the cars and a link to some in-car video from the Mclaren.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNh8LMShyE

Saw your car running on saturday and it was a lot of fun to watch, you did pretty good considering some of the other cars in the class. I ahve a bunch of pictures to post up soon.

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
That is some exciting video John. Thanks for sharing. I stopped to look at your GT and other two cars but you weren't around. Really nice cars. Enjoy in good health.

AJK

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Here's a few pics I took.

Attachments

• DSC01104.jpg
    DSC01104.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 117