Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Whats up with the drivers seat on the blue one? It looks like it was in a flood damaged car.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Whats up with the drivers seat on the blue one? It looks like it was in a flood damaged car.

that and grungy looking valve covers, and the ad references that in 2014 it had "several minor concerns fixed" as well as "minor cosmetic repairs." That sure sounds like a rough 1800 miles! Topped off with base wheels for 363, that is for sure strong money.

Gives me and Spartan strong smiles for the smoking better deals we both recently made :wink

Last edited:

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
The blue one was definitely ALL THE $$$!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They take some seriously awesome photos.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Beautiful photos indeed.
Being nitpicky but looks like the red car's leather covering at the driver foot entry is torn in two spots.

quahog

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2017
Cape Cod
quahog

Gooding sold one, lot 057 , $ 275000 Same weekend @ Amelia

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Yeah, good money for a car that "doesn't top 200mph"...

"It could sprint from 0–60 in 3.7 seconds and achieve a top speed of nearly 200 mph" :lol

Oh well, at least they got it right in the red/white car's description

Boomster

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 29, 2016
Gooding sold one, lot 057 , $ 175000 Same weekend @ Amelia

According to the Gooding website, lot 57 (a Tungsten 2006 which had been "tastefully modified") sold for $275k. Not sure if that includes the 10% buyers premium.

Bill

quahog

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2017
Cape Cod
quahog

Yes , I did mean $ 275000 Somthing about Foose modified? Seems a bit active for the GT auction wise . Everyone has one or two to offer. Ten years ; time to cash in ? New one on the way ? Market sliding a bit ? Many low mile Gt's . I told myself I did not want to known as the guy who set the latest record price paid . I think I did OK...

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
...........Somthing about Foose modified? ...

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/ford/gt/2006/443321
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/foose-ford-gt-sema-2014/#slide-3082092

Chip Foose is a car designer that had a non-attributed hand in the design of the 05-06 GT's. The Tungsten GT you are referring to was a birthday gift from his wife. Chip didn't mod the engine. He just dropped it a bit, pinstriped the stripes, deleted the rear bumper, trimmed the diffuser ends, and made himself some wheels (he also made some spinners to go along with the wheels).

Chip sold it because his had very little mileage and could realize the $premium, as he looks for a higher mileage GT that he'll drive.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Gooding sold one, lot 057 , $ 275000 Same weekend @ Amelia
I think that was Chip Foose's birthday present (from his wife) featured at his booth ay SEMA (with orange trim stripes and 20+ inch Foose wheels). Edit-what Kingman said...