reverse camera solution

intence

Feb 27, 2009
i came across this company and decided to give it a shot. https://typesauto.com/collections/b...irror-backup-camera-and-smart-button-bt530034

its completely wireless because the rear camera is built into the license plate frame and is solar powered.

the monitor could be powered directly via cigarette adapter, but i have it plugged into a solar powered USB power bank on top of the dash and routed the cable to go along windshield perimeter.

it doesn't trigger automatically when you go into reverse but its touch screen so 1 tap and it turns on near instantly.

worth a look if you cant live without reverse camera like me :ROFLMAO:

7mW6p1a.jpeg

Fj43GoC.jpeg

the

Last edited:
Reactions: extrap

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good luck on a long drive in a hot place. We all have billet license frames or solid aluminum (or rare carbon fiber} because the heat is intense back there. Hope you found some good shielding for it

intence

Feb 27, 2009
Good luck on a long drive in a hot place. We all have billet license frames or solid aluminum (or rare carbon fiber} because the heat is intense back there. Hope you found some good shielding for it

Good point. I guess we'll see

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Dome lights?

intence

Feb 27, 2009
Dome lights?

still exists as this simply slips over the oem mirror.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
still exists as this simply slips over the oem mirror.

Cool. Could you have just hard-wired it as well?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Here was a hard wired solution and install that we did a few years ago on my 2006 Ford GT.

intence

Feb 27, 2009
Cool. Could you have just hard-wired it as well?

yeah i could but didnt want to deal with the hassle. i was able to set this up within 5 minutes.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
In the link, it looks like the mirror mounts with a clumsy Velcro and belt/buckle system.

Your installation looks cleaner.

Do you have the front camera too? How big is the solar panel on your dash?

intence

Feb 27, 2009
In the link, it looks like the mirror mounts with a clumsy Velcro and belt/buckle system.

Your installation looks cleaner.

Do you have the front camera too? How big is the solar panel on your dash?

its uses rubber strap that hooks on the top and bottom of both sides. it is a little long for larger mirrors so can be clipped to not show excess.

the solar panel is 3x3.5x1 off amazon. so not intrusive to visibility.