repairing guages?

wheelb

GT Owner
May 22, 2014
Miami Fl
hey guys havent used my girl in a little but took her to a few events last couple of weeks and when i took her for spin i noticed speedo getting stuck. I know its been discussed for sometime here but is there a fix id like to keep interior original not fan of aftermarket gauges. Does any one know of a repair guy for this any all help appreciated. Thank you.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There are many gauge topics here, but noone has found anyone that can repair them.

However, you said "getting stuck" not "is stuck". Does the speedo work some of the time? If so, it's possible the battery may be the culprit.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If it is behaving erratically (getting stuck momentarily and then swinging wildly), it is most likely the speed sensor in the transaxle. About $20 and a 5 minute swap.

If it is stuck, you are stuck.

wheelb

GT Owner
May 22, 2014
Miami Fl
great advice thank you ill check the sensor asap ! yes it doesn't move then if i punch it it will go all way up to max speed then stop . and when i leave car off it goes back down . if i hit 60 max it stop at max but then stuck at 60 i punch to 100 goes and goes. then stops at highest speed reached. thanks again for help .