Removal of Seat Bezels?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hi fellas,

I located the annoying creaking/squeaking sound that I get occasionally from my seat. It is the back side of the seat belt bezel rubbing against the carbon fiber seat backing. Figure if I pull them, clean up all surfaces and apply a little lubricant I can remedy the situation.

I have removed the four T screws on the back but cannot separate the two bezel pieces. Help please?

I assume they are pressed together, but wanted to ask before I increase prying and pulling pressure.

Thanks.

Last edited:

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Huh. Usually it's the carbon fibre seatback rubbing against the rear bulkhead.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Correct. But I'm not tall enough to push the seat back that far. I originally thought it was down at the axis where the seat back pivots for adjustment.

By grabbing the seat belt bezel and moving it around a bit I recreated the annoyance.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Yes, they are two piece. Try something thin bladed plastic thing under the rear piece and pry it in a few places till it lets go. OR, partially back the screws out and tap them forward - something will eventually let go. When it's out try lining the back with some electrical tape or something behind the bezel for a better seat against the carbon fiber.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ok. Thanks. I'll get after them again later today.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Mission accomplished. Thanks guys.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
What a great forum!! :thumbsup

mmlcobra

GT Owner