Recommendations for removing side stripes?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I'd like to remove my side stripes. Has anyone had experience with this? Can I just use a heat gun and bug/tar remover?

Thanks, Mike

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Very easy. A little heat, hair dryer is enough. Pull at a 45 degree angle and it will take most of the glue with it. Any excess glue can be removed with a citrus cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.
:thumbsup

I'd like to remove my side stripes. Has anyone had experience with this? Can I just use a heat gun and bug/tar remover?

Thanks, Mike

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Just removed a bunch of stickers on my sister's Mini Cooper, saturated a rag with WD-40 put it on the stickers over night with masking tape, and next morning peeled right off, it took me literarily 30 seconds to peel off 3 stickers, wiped clean the area with Zaino Z6 and voila !

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Just removed a bunch of stickers on my sister's Mini Cooper, saturated a rag with WD-40 put it on the stickers over night with masking tape, and next morning peeled right off, it took me literarily 30 seconds to peel off 3 stickers, wiped clean the area with Zaino Z6 and voila !

I had to use the 3M adhesive remover ~$10 from any Auto store when the clear bra needed replacement due to garage door ding on the wife's car. Peel sticker, spray and wipe... that easy

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
Hair dryer. Gentle pull at 45 degrees.. No prob.