Recall issues

charger440

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Duluth, Georgia
I took off the pans to do an inspection for my oil leak, and got lucky in that it was only leaking from the oil pan plug, so an easy fix. I also removed the oil pump belt cover to inspect the belt. There was a small oil seep inside the cover, but enough to moist the belt. The small leak looks to be coming (not from the seal behind the pulley, but rather) from behind a smaller bolt towards the bottom of the housing. Any idea on how to fix this one? What is the best source for a new replacement belt? I understand that 2010 production is as new as they get? Thanks for any guidance.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I took off the pans to do an inspection for my oil leak, and got lucky in that it was only leaking from the oil pan plug, so an easy fix. I also removed the oil pump belt cover to inspect the belt. There was a small oil seep inside the cover, but enough to moist the belt. The small leak looks to be coming (not from the seal behind the pulley, but rather) from behind a smaller bolt towards the bottom of the housing. Any idea on how to fix this one? What is the best source for a new replacement belt? I understand that 2010 production is as new as they get? Thanks for any guidance.
Look at post #46 for alternative belts being used; Latest OEM I found was 2010.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
What is the best source for a new replacement belt?

See first link for some options. I think it comes down to the Contitech Y-720 as your only option.

Read the posts at the end of the second link for use of the Contitech.