Really? IMO a Horrible Appraisal

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Just saw this video. Original owner, 31k miles, tasteful mods.......$275k to $300k

Now is it just me, or would there be a line of buyers going around the block to buy it at this price? Aren't salvage cars pretty close to this?

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
I would agree the estimate seems low. At Barrett Jackson Houston, last October, a rebuilt titled GT sold for $275K before fees.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I like the comment on the owner polished rear control arms :)

Reactions: white out

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I like the comment on the owner polished rear control arms :)
So do you think the owner purchased the billet ones? His 1,700 VIN# says he didn’t get them from Ford.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I would agree the estimate seems low. At Barrett Jackson Houston, last October, a rebuilt titled GT sold for $275K before fees.
so this evaluation just looks wrong for a car the guy said was clean.

Last edited:

dshears

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 26, 2009
Fremont Ca
If this video was done recently, then he did not do his homework.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
If this video was done recently, then he did not do his homework.
4 days ago.....did the market crash and we just didn't hear about it.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
This Colin Comer feller I think was just trying to play up the angle of how Bill's GT value was significantly decreased by him actually driving and enjoying the car (which we can all agree makes Bill cool as hell because he doesn't GAF).

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Colin is a Shelby and Cobra guy. He may not follow GTs like he should for an accurate appraisal. He does know Cobras though!

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
350-375k value. The guy doesnt know what hes talking about.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I have 61k miles on mine. Sent it to Rich Brooks for a comprehensive refurb. No way in hell I’d take less than 300k for it. But then again, of the nine sports cars I own…it’s the last I’d part with.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
This Colin Comer feller I think was just trying to play up the angle of how Bill's GT value was significantly decreased by him actually driving and enjoying the car (which we can all agree makes Bill cool as hell because he doesn't GAF).
Makes Hagerty look like clowns.....

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
I have 61k miles on mine. Sent it to Rich Brooks for a comprehensive refurb. No way in hell I’d take less than 300k for it. But then again, of the nine sports cars I own…it’s the last I’d part with.
Out of interest, what needed doing by way of refurbishment after 60k miles ?
I am now getting towards 30k miles and (touch wood) the car wants nothing. I did have stone chips on the front sorted and the billet engine vents fitted, but that's about it.

Last edited:

philrob1

Jul 21, 2022
Looks so good in red

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
350-375k value. The guy doesnt know what hes talking about.
I agree. At $275k-$325k there would be a bidding war

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
A car, very similar to the appraised car, just showed up on Coparts. Red 2005 vin 1706, 33k miles, CA car, and what appears to be a raised driver's seat. The 275K-300k may be overpriced now. Could be a different car, but very close in spec and mods.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
A car, very similar to the appraised car, just showed up on Coparts. Red 2005 vin 1706, 33k miles, CA car, and what appears to be a raised driver's seat. The 275K-300k may be overpriced now. Could be a different car, but very close in spec and mods.

Not sure what you are getting at, the YouTube in question was posted 5 days ago, the co-part listing was 2 days ago. Will agree the VIN numbers are very close to each other and less than 10 digits from mine. The way these things go, the wreck was probably a couple months ago at least.

repoman

Sep 5, 2017
Tucson AZ

I see why it crashed. The tires are bald.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Out of interest, what needed doing by way of refurbishment after 60k miles ?
I am now getting towards 30k miles and (touch wood) the car wants nothing. I did have stone chips on the front sorted and the billet engine vents fitted, but that's about it.
New Ahlman shocks, rubber suspension boots, full repaint (few dings and lots of track time), Mac relocate, fixed bubble under dash leather, repaint rims, new bumper delete and Rich’s exhaust system…I’m sure I’m forgetting something. It’s tighter than new now.

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
Sounds like it's good to go now for another 60k miles, enjoy.
The interesting thing is it's really just cosmetic or service type items. I don't hear anything about mechanicals. 15 years and 60k hard miles in a Ferrari.... different story. Been there done that.

Reactions: ENZO BTR