Rally IV - Use Caution Where You Drive

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Rider ticketed when horse answers call of nature
A 2-year-old colt's answer to the call of nature has gotten his owner in trouble with Texas authorities. Whatever you want to do on him, you can, said Ben McCleary, who has been training Rascal to one day go on trail rides. McCleary said part of that training means riding him near roads. So they won't spook, said McCleary. And, of course, you don't want to get thrown 10 feet. While McCleary and Rascal were walking Tuesday, police stopped him because Rascal had left behind some evidence. Next thing I know somebody stopped me, searched me twice, and I got a citation because the horse pooped on the side of the road, said McCleary. The ticket McCleary said the offense is littering. Under vehicle registration, it said not applicable, horse. I didn't know what to think, McCleary said. I never heard of a law saying that. Police chief said he would not comment about the ticket, but was looking into it. Stable owner Robbie Jones said he's shocked. The horse is the one who littered, said Jones. In all likelihood, Ben wouldn't even be aware of it. The horse just does it. I mean it's an animal, has bowel movements, said McCleary. Jones and McCleary said they worried about what this could mean for all riders. The ticket, is downright un-Texan. Now I can't even walk horse down the road to train it? asked Jones. It seems extremely anti-livestock and rodeo, and that's 100 percent Texan. McCleary is expected in court on March 11.
:dead:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Just another LEO with an authority complex...and no common sense. :bored

(Uuuuuh, did THIS happen 100 yds from yer driveway too, Fred?:rofl)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Rider ticketed when horse answers call of nature
A 2-year-old colt's answer to the call of nature has gotten his owner in trouble with Texas authorities. Whatever you want to do on him, you can, said Ben McCleary, who has been training Rascal to one day go on trail rides. McCleary said part of that training means riding him near roads. So they won't spook, said McCleary. And, of course, you don't want to get thrown 10 feet. While McCleary and Rascal were walking Tuesday, police stopped him because Rascal had left behind some evidence. Next thing I know somebody stopped me, searched me twice, and I got a citation because the horse pooped on the side of the road, said McCleary. The ticket McCleary said the offense is littering. Under vehicle registration, it said not applicable, horse. I didn't know what to think, McCleary said. I never heard of a law saying that. Police chief said he would not comment about the ticket, but was looking into it. Stable owner Robbie Jones said he's shocked. The horse is the one who littered, said Jones. In all likelihood, Ben wouldn't even be aware of it. The horse just does it. I mean it's an animal, has bowel movements, said McCleary. Jones and McCleary said they worried about what this could mean for all riders. The ticket, is downright un-Texan. Now I can't even walk horse down the road to train it? asked Jones. It seems extremely anti-livestock and rodeo, and that's 100 percent Texan. McCleary is expected in court on March 11.
:dead:

Hummm .... I hope they crack down on these guys.. I do not have wipers on my car and no fluid in the washer bottle !!...:lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
No one tickets bears in Mammoth - guess they won't get close enough.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
In the burbs by Chicago - town called Lisle ~30 yr's ago a local who had received to many DUI's (which at that time had to be really bad off) bought and legally rode a horse to the pub of his choice.

Came to the point in time where the horse learned and knew his way home which for the owner of that fine animal would saddle up, point the fine steed in the right direction - kick her once and drop the rein's - the horse naturally wandered home, un guided......

He was heard on night stating to a new policeman.....

"No ossifer - I wasn't in control and wasn't holding the reins...... she was driving home and I'm only here for the ride" - judge threw the ticket out...........

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
No one tickets bears in Mammoth - guess they won't get close enough.

No wipper tp put it under?:confused:eek