Rally IV & Rice University

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My son Kevin is thinking of applying to Rice University, so we thought we would add a day to our Rally IV trip and drive out to Houston to see it. He's interested in getting a degree in architecture. Does anybody on the forum have any tips on what to see while we’re at Rice? Inside information always makes this kind of visit more informative.

Thanks

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
My son Kevin is thinking of applying to Rice University, so we thought we would add a day to our Rally IV trip and drive out to Houston to see it. He's interested in getting a degree in architecture. Does anybody on the forum have any tips on what to see while we’re at Rice? Inside information always makes this kind of visit more informative.

Thanks

Rice has a nice campus. It is a small school, so you can get a feel for it very quickly. Right across the street is Hermann park and the natural science museum/reflection pool, etc, and you are right down the street from the Texas Medical Center. I can show you around, depending on when you come in.

Sanjay

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rice Rocket.

My son Charley is also applying to Rice. Tough school to get into. I understand it's kind of like Harvard with a slightly less Marxist faculty.

Chip

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Rice has a nice campus. It is a small school, so you can get a feel for it very quickly. Right across the street is Hermann park and the natural science museum/reflection pool, etc, and you are right down the street from the Texas Medical Center. I can show you around, depending on when you come in.

Sanjay

Sanjay,

Thanks for the offer. Do you live near the school? Did you go there? I was thinking of looking at it on Sunday the 18th after the rally was over. If that doesn't work for you, then no problem. We'll just contact the school and see what they can do for us.

Chip,

Thanks for the tip on their political views. Kevin's such a solid conservative, I'm sure he can hold his own.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Mark,

I interviewed there, but ended up going to UT Austin. But I did my residency in Houston, so we used to study there often. Since I moved back to Houston, I do live and work within 10-15 minutes of Rice. I'll be heading back on the 18th as well. I can get you there and show you the area, but if they have a guided tour, that would be better than anything limited info I have.

Sanjay